The Red Light

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
I've been starting to like still life photography recently, and even though I suck at it, here's an attempt at a setup photo.

redlamp.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/view/24601184/

Thanks for taking a peek,
-Dan

:drool2: I looove it!

Simple and very very effective. The colour is great! I love how shiny everything looks.

WOWEE! I like this a lot, how did you set this shot up? I'm nosey :wink:

Lafoto, "suck" in this instance means 'really bad'. Which obviously this photo isn't!

It's gorgeous.

That is why I put it in inverted commas and with many question marks behind.
This photo does anything BUT suck!
Sorry, that was an early morning post of mine... I do express myself better as the day goes by ;) (I hope!).

This is ONE GREAT photo of something very simple.
Yet the effect is GREAT.
The simplicity, the symmetry, the light, the colour ... everything so not sucks at all!

Really great photo! I feel like I'm repeating all that has been said, but the red looks great against the woodgrain that the lamp is sitting on. Very nice exposure! I hope you'll post more of your attempts, this is inspiring!

Red and black are very strong colors together. That, with the simple composition, helps this image to really pack a punch.

Great job! :)

ok, maybe "i suck" wasn't the right thing to say.. maybe just "i'm a beginner" or something haha.

thanks for the encouraging words though, glad you all like this photo! :)

Abstract said:
WOWEE! I like this a lot, how did you set this shot up? I'm nosey :wink:

just cleared of my nightstand, cleaned it (it was covered in dust, haha.. what can i say, i'm a 20 year old guy), turned on the light, lined things up as symmetrical as I could by eye, used a tripod, took some different exposures, photoshopped (i always do), and posted here.

thats about it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back