The 'right' equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I shoot with a wooden box with a tiny hole in it, so I guess whatever little money I have is where my mouth is. No wonder I have such a dirty mouth ;)

No worried. As soon as Derrel sends me his gear I can sell off some of mine and buy you a pack of Orbitz

But Derrel won't do that, because he's of the belief that what makes a good picture is the gear, not the photographer...

I think that people shouldn't be judged by the gear they use.

Like it or not, people "judge" other people all the time, and photography gear is just one of the things by which people are judged. Car, job, clothing, habits, how they speak, how they act, who they hang with, etc.

I think that people shouldn't be judged by the gear they use.

Like it or not, people "judge" other people all the time, and photography gear is just one of the things by which people are judged. Car, job, clothing, habits, how they speak, how they act, who they hang with, etc.

Let's not forget grammar! ;) (Yours is fine!) I get paid to judge that.

Sorry, Steve5D, I think a guy whose on-line "handle" is based on the name of his favorite camera has no place to talk smack....

*mic drop*

Yes, my avatar is an inside joke...what we call a photo gag!!!! Right around 30 years ago, I had a fine arts photo instructor at university who always suggested we should do a "gag profile shot" of ourselves with a camera held up to our eye...kind of a send-up...but then, you probably wouldn't know much about fine art photography or intellectual humor...I mean, being from Maine and all! ;-)

You know what the funniest part of it was??? The prof's name was James T. Kirk. For real!!! He had a sign on his door that said, "Two rolls a day." He was pretty influential on me in terms of studying fine art, photography as fine art, art history, and drawing.

Steve5D said:
But Derrel won't do that, because he's of the belief that what makes a good picture is the gear, not the photographer...

No Steve5D, you're putting words in my mouth. Lay off the whaky tobaccy, or learn to read, whichever is easier for you!

You have utterly zero clue about what I think, but you do have an argumentative side, and you love to spout off and act tough a lot...I know your type, internet tough-guy. ;-)

Sorry, Steve5D, I think a guy whose on-line "handle" is based on the name of his favorite camera has no place to talk smack....

You always give me a laugh when you try and take on the big issues and start a fight, Steve5D.

Hilarious...you "identify" yourself on a photo forum by the camera you use!!!! Wow...compensating much??? When will you become Steve5D-Mark II, or Steve5D-Mark III?

Just waiting for the next hilarious update to your "handle".

+2,3 and 4...:smileys::whip:

And that's the end I think.

All participants now have one week to write a 1500 word essay on the concept of "The wrong equipment" in preparation for the beginning of the month test next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back