The Rising

Amnesic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The 911/World Trade Center memorial called The Rising. The structure is built out of 109 steel rods. The rods symbolize the 109 people who died on September 11, 2001 that lived in Westchester County, NY. I took these pictures at the dam where the memorial is located.

The_Rising_by_amnesic726.jpg

The_Rising_2_by_amnesic726.jpg

The_Rising_4_by_amnesic726.jpg

The_Rising_3_by_amnesic726.jpg

Wow! Those are amazing. That sculpture is incredible!

I agree! They are fantastic!
Can you imagine how long it took to build that structure?! And the work involved?

DragonHeart.... I loved that movie!

I agree! They are fantastic!
Can you imagine how long it took to build that structure?! And the work involved?

DragonHeart.... I loved that movie!

lol... yeah, I have both on DVD... but called DragonHeart cause of the airburshed mural on the hood of my car (same as icon).

I swear that is one of the greatest movies...

I am called Big Bully because that is the name of my truck... :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone! I actually think it was built rather quickly. I am not totally sure how long it took them to build, but it says it was put there at the dam on September 11th 2006. I remember there being a website just for this but I can't find it now.

I, also, happen to really like the third. Although they are all great!

If you stare at the last one enough it almost looks like its moving. Just stare in the center and it kind of vibrates!

I like the last one. From the perspective it is taken there are no two angles alike, very intriguing and dynamic view. Truly grabs the eye.

Thanks! The last pic was awkward to take because I had to hold my camera straight up while crouching down so I could keep it steady haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back