The Road to Nowhere... HDR

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got alittle bored tonight after having my head in the books all day long writing an essay I don't even understand for sociology class. Figured I grab my cam and head over around the block and shoot this. Anyway, c&C always welcome, I'm a total noob who's looking to get better any way I can. So far, I noticed the freakin skid mark in the photo which I somehow missed when I was out there. Any other critiques are welcome and thanks for looking... I'm going to go back one sunset when the clouds are alittle more cooperating...

Road-Best-HDR-2.jpg

While I'm usually such a big fan of vanishing points and also of repetition as two elements that often make many a photo really exciting to look at, I can't feel the usual amount of excitement here, and I wonder why this is so? Maybe because it all runs together almost at the very centre of the photo? Or because that yellow mark is so big and ... erm ... well: yellow?

The HDR is nicely done, the soft red in the sky comes out well and the colours and contrasts are not exaggerated. The tips of the trees on the left are considerably much darker than the rest, though. Maybe something you'd want to work on further?

Really nice shot. The only thing I'd change is to tone down the yellow in the big stripe. My eye pulls to that first as it is now. Good job though!

While I'm usually such a big fan of vanishing points and also of repetition as two elements that often make many a photo really exciting to look at, I can't feel the usual amount of excitement here, and I wonder why this is so? Maybe because it all runs together almost at the very centre of the photo? Or because that yellow mark is so big and ... erm ... well: yellow?

The HDR is nicely done, the soft red in the sky comes out well and the colours and contrasts are not exaggerated. The tips of the trees on the left are considerably much darker than the rest, though. Maybe something you'd want to work on further?

Thanks for the critique foto, you always give really good advice. Luckily for me I live about two blocks away from this road so I'm going to give it another shot when the sunset is more appealing. When I do, I'll try moving things around so everything does not draw to the center. Lastly, the colors on my laptop moniter are awful, so the stripe didn't seem that yellow at the time until I plugged in to my wifes moniter. I will tone it down a bit on the next one. Thanks again for the comments

I like it including the skid mark
my only thing is that I wish the vanishing point was higher and not centered
so go do eeet again! :D

Nicely done, although I agree with lafoto, try starting the image right after a yellow center dash rather than with it, it takes your attention away from the rest.

Most reactions

Back