Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
512128229_2bf0db0386_o.jpg

C&C please

The light and color are very nice.

Dani

I like the colors and the mood. But the highlights are a bit blow out and the depth of field seemed a bit shallow. My eyes keep getting drawn to the doors to the left, but that part of the pic is not tack shrap. What lens and settings did you use?

It doesn't surprise me that it's a bit limited on the technical front. It was about 20:50 in the evening, with the sun setting behind me and it was shot through a pane of glass that's permanently exposed to the sea air. I'm pretty sure I had the 60mm f2.8 macro on the camera at the time and it would have been wide open due to the failing light - just checked the original's properties, so previous details correct and it was a 1/50th sec exposure. It was a bit of a throw away shot that had an appealing mood to it, but perhaps not too much more.

This is none to discard as yet, Chris ... or ever, for that matter. For I like how you captured the evening light, how you saw that it brings out the colours in that room (is it an old -not used for ages- beach restaurant?), in which I assume they actually ought to be fading, how the photo shows the emptiness and loneliness of the room and the old furniture.

The only thing that bugs me a wee bit is the fire extinguisher on the very right. It looks too modern, somehow.

I think it's a bar rather than a restaurant, I can't remember exactly but I'm sure there is a set of taps towards the right of what you see here. I'm sure with his knowledge of the area, tb2 could tell you exactly what's in there.

I liked the idea of the sun setting on a fading establishment. Chances are though that in the summer it'll be full of customers.

Teehee :D --- thanks for going all that way for me :D
And how about you? Do you like this version better than the one WITH the fire-extinguisher?

I do actually. It just tidys the edges up a little and allows the eye to concentrate on the centre of the room and the seemingly abandoned tables and chairs. You'll also notice I dropped the top edge down a little to remove the fire alarm bell for similar reasons.

I noticed the dropped top, and kind of miss the bowed ... what`s the word: lintel? Or just: doorway?
I had not seen the fire bell before you mentioned it, so apparently that had not been distracting (for me).

Some people are just never satisfied ;)

Actually, I think you're probably right and I'd prefer it if the lintel were still there. If I knew what I was doing in PS, I'd clone the bell out and leave the crop at the top as per the original, but I don't therefore the second version is what you end up with I guess.

That's very ok with me (easily satisfied, eh? ;) :greenpbl: ), as long as you keep the original...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back