The Rule of Turds

Don't get me started on the drones....with their copy paste "It looks really noisy." replies. They have me looking at my own work with disgust. It got to the point I was growing so frustrated with the whole thing that I started making stupid, stupid mistakes.

(to be continued)

I understand that part - I kept getting some of my pics were too soft (its the kit zoom lens i think causing part of the problem I've found) so now I'm now sharpening pics (both in camera on the user profiles though not a lot and then PP) which thens adds noise I've found if i sharpen too much so now I'm starting to do some noise reduction if needed after to smooth out the sharpen ARGH LOL

I have before. I haven't in about a month, but I haven't been shooting lately. I feel like no matter what I do, my work sucks.

But this isn't about me. I just don't like people being upset and angry. Even over the internet it makes me nervous :)

Actually. I think it is a little about you. (but correct me if I'm offbase anyone) I think it makes people nervous (well can only speak for myself) that you have 700 posts here, and have yet to post work. I think I saw 2 pictures by you, one was a flower bed and the other escapes me now. But you do a lot of talking and a lot of critiquing for someone who has only shown 2 pictures of their own work.

I think I have a similar post count, and half of it, or maybe 75% of it is my own work and thoughts related to it.

I guess I just get a weird vibe from you.

This is kind of funny. Due to the complaints about lack of reviews, I try to review 10 photos for every 1 I post. So people complain about posting too many and not reviewing, now people complain about posting too few and reviewing too many.

We need a whiners forum, really!

This is kind of funny. Due to the complaints about lack of reviews, I try to review 10 photos for every 1 I post. So people complain about posting too many and not reviewing, now people complain about posting too few and reviewing too many.

We need a whiners forum, really!

No, I think what Abraxas is getting at is that people are reviewing posts without ever having posted or rarely posting thier own works- They are critiquing without showing their own works for a similar critique - How can someone know what level that person is on without seeing something they have done? (I may be wrong here lol - Its the red talking lol)

I was puzzling the irony of that myself; I've only posted a few photos since my return from a long hiatus, but I have posted quite a few reviews, which I hope have been helpful to some, in the belief that I was 'giving something back'.

Actually. I think it is a little about you. (but correct me if I'm offbase anyone) I think it makes people nervous (well can only speak for myself) that you have 700 posts here, and have yet to post work. I think I saw 2 pictures by you, one was a flower bed and the other escapes me now. But you do a lot of talking and a lot of critiquing for someone who has only shown 2 pictures of their own work.

I think I have a similar post count, and half of it, or maybe 75% of it is my own work and thoughts related to it.

I guess I just get a weird vibe from you.

You are off base, The bulk of SH's posts are inqueries, and he posted works early in his TPF membership, He was just a little overwhelmed with the comparison of his works to others on the site. One of the ones I remember the most was a heavily cropped butterfly shot in harsh light. It actually was not a bad shot he just was dissapointed with it to the point of prioritizing questions over posting images.

I was puzzling the irony of that myself; I've only posted a few photos since my return from a long hiatus, but I have posted quite a few reviews, which I hope have been helpful to some, in the belief that I was 'giving something back'.

You have been very helpful to me :)

You are off base, The bulk of SH's posts are inqueries, and he posted works early in his TPF membership, He was just a little overwhelmed with the comparison of his works to others on the site. One of the ones I remember the most was a heavily cropped butterfly shot in harsh light. It actually was not a bad shot he just was dissapointed with it to the point of prioritizing questions over posting images.

I've seen a couple of critiques which had me wondering actually....very detailed critiques

Ah, OK. Perhaps he is just a newbie with a million questions. I still get a weird vibe though.

I dont know about weird vibe. I like SH, but over in people gallery he gives alot of "forget "rules" forget being oof, its a great photo" comments. I do think SH is nice and will do good things in photography when he moves up to a camera that he and learn on. But "so what its oof" is really not helpful to the OP. People need to develop their "eye" and can not do it if people dont tell them what they are looking at.

And I am speaking from expierence/ I posted a couple oof photos in my early days and Mav and Mike both "showed" me how to look at the photo and find where it was in focus andout. Honestly, I could hardly tell. I was far more interested in a cute photo then the tech aspects. I am very glad they had pointed these things out to me or I would be ignoring focus all together (same when people say snapshot quality or blown highlights)

This reminds me of the time Jols accused me of only reciting passages from photography books. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back