The Rule of Turds

I would hope my negative feedback would bring people backto reality.I tend to give advice on how the shot could be improved when I give a negative review so I hope the OP takes the advice and thinks about it. they dont have to listen just think. False praise does not hurt me or anyone, it justs wastes their time. For me to upload a photo to a photohost and then link the url is actually a hassle considering the computer I do all my editing and photography on is not on the internet.

For me to upload a photo to a photohost and then link the url is actually a hassle considering the computer I do all my editing and photography on is not on the internet.

Wouldn't you have the exact same issue for uploading to your own website?

[edit]
D50, I'm not trying to put this all on you. And I am a tiny bit afraid that you're becoming a bit of a whipping boy here while there are several with far more severe trollish tendancies that I'd love to -criticize- individually. But for now, others that don't participate by posting their work can take everything I said to heart.
[/edit]

Wow, that is many, many excuses!

OIC. Benevolence, omniscence, self- sacrifice, granduer, brutal honesty and all while suffering the misgivings of common man, the little people.

I'm wondering, has ANYONE actually improved because of negative and hurtful critique? Or, ... well,... we can't very well ask the people that could have had fun enjoying photography, that have left for other parts because of some frustrated trollish comments can we?...

"I want gone."

^There's some real assholes here that should be proud of invoking that type of comment (and several others like it) in visitors. So good for them and their arrogance.

You may be ready for the big time now, helping retouch God's errors in the universe in lab color.

Sheesh, trolls are touchy, can't take criticism.

*spits out coke* THe whining forum!! HAHAHAHA

Yeah, I just noticed that myself....and I read most of the posts in order to get to the bottom of this thread.

Like many others, I enjoy just looking at other's "work" and not always complementing or criticizing. And when I post photos it's in hopes that members will, in fact, comment regarding technical aspects of the shot. If not, oh well....

I claim amateur status and offer no excuses or appoligies for my posts, be they photos or comments. Sharing is the key word.:)

Let's not forget the people ( most often kids ) that feel that if they can reach 1000 posts in a month or two, they automatically become experts.

I think they fit into the other two turds of the rule of turds- Drones and misfits.

:(
*hides away*

:(
*hides away*

Aw, c'mon- don't do that. In my opinion it's about participation on both sides of the line and no one needs to be embarrassed about a number (post or age) if they contribute and make sense.

I'd like to hear what you have to say. Go for it.

OMG overread, joined in may and have more then 1000 posts!!! I didnt even notice! Does make you an expert I am sure :p It is the texting generation and all, bet you type fast.

I value your opinion also, no worries.

I would hope my negative feedback would bring people backto reality.I tend to give advice on how the shot could be improved when I give a negative review so I hope the OP takes the advice and thinks about it. they dont have to listen just think. False praise does not hurt me or anyone, it justs wastes their time.

I take issue with only one aspect of this statment made so far which is the giving of only only one type of comment.
Sometimes it is very hard to impossible to find fault with a shot (go on try finding big things that are wrong with LPs ;)) but I think the opposite is hardly ever true. There are very few photos that are total disasters that people post for comments and even in them there is often something good. When commenting I always FIRST say what I like and what (IMO) is right about the shot. Its not an empty praise is praising the photographer for something (no matter how small it might be) that they have done right. After that I go on to say where there are (IMO) problems and areas that can be improved upon with the shot. To give one or the other alone is not constructive crits and is not helping the other develop - though I do accept that there are times when you just can't find something directly wrong.

ps -- I did not quote the person who said this as it is not a comment directed at them, but at the community as a whole.
pps - I started photography in December 2007 before that there was nothing - not even a small digi cam that I used - it all started then, no course nothing. So I still have a very very very long way to go with things!

Let's not forget the people ( most often kids ) that feel that if they can reach 1000 posts in a month or two, they automatically become experts.

Wrong... we do not feel that we become experts, we are experts! Harhar :lmao::p

You all suck and I will rule the world.

jk :p

The "I"s clearly have this debate won.

Most reactions

Back