The Rule of Turds

Ah, OK. Perhaps he is just a newbie with a million questions. I still get a weird vibe though.

I don't post my photos because they suck. Criticism only works when a photo has some redeeming qualities to work off of, but most of mine don't (I've had them referred to as "throw aways" before, and only after I asked people to be nice did they stop that). I feel like I learn more about composition critiquing others' photos than I do shooting on my own. And when I post critique for another person's photos, I try not to say anything about those specific photos, but more ideas in general for future reference. I do this because that is what I would want done for mine (if they were any good).

If you'd like me to post more I would, but they're horrible. As a matter of fact, I haven't shot my camera in a month cause I'm so disgusted at my own abilities. I have a feeling after being on here and learning some more in the last month or so, that I will be better when I pick my camera back up (I'm starting to get the desire to).

Also I wholeheartedly admit I have self-esteem issues, and part of my unwillingness to post comes from not being able to handle criticism without taking it as an insult to my personal character. But I also feel it necessary to say that whenever I do critique someone else's photos, I let them know that I could not do the photo any better myself. Hindsight vision is 20/20 and all that stuff, you know.

Sorry if I have upset or offended anyone on this website.

Just for the record....how many members that post are under 21, between 22 and 40 and then the over the hill crowd.

I'm holding up the hill.....:lmao:

I am not over the hill yet. ...

...when I turn back, I can see it, too... :oops:

I don't post my photos because they suck. Criticism only works when a photo has some redeeming qualities to work off of, but most of mine don't (I've had them referred to as "throw aways" before, and only after I asked people to be nice did they stop that). I feel like I learn more about composition critiquing others' photos than I do shooting on my own. And when I post critique for another person's photos, I try not to say anything about those specific photos, but more ideas in general for future reference. I do this because that is what I would want done for mine (if they were any good).

If you'd like me to post more I would, but they're horrible. As a matter of fact, I haven't shot my camera in a month cause I'm so disgusted at my own abilities. I have a feeling after being on here and learning some more in the last month or so, that I will be better when I pick my camera back up (I'm starting to get the desire to).

Also I wholeheartedly admit I have self-esteem issues, and part of my unwillingness to post comes from not being able to handle criticism without taking it as an insult to my personal character. But I also feel it necessary to say that whenever I do critique someone else's photos, I let them know that I could not do the photo any better myself. Hindsight vision is 20/20 and all that stuff, you know.

Sorry if I have upset or offended anyone on this website.

Its just that you seem to have taken this keen interest to photography, hence you posting a lot.. but don't have images of your own so your word doesn't carry as much weight. As the saying goes, if your going to walk the walk, you need to talk the talk.

So I apoligize if I've said anything to offend you... I believe you are just a normal guy out there. I *would* love to see your work, even if you think it's "horrible". Only by putting it out there can you get better.

My point here is that the younger folks are less likely to be comfortable with their abilities regarding most aspects of photography and need the "at-a-boys". The next group and the "over-the-hill gang" don't have much of a secutiry or ego problem and can therefore accept criticism as it is intended.

Now when you consider my group......I,.....ahh, ahhhh, I forgot my point, ah well...here's to (and the glass holding scotch is raised) the members of TPF and their contribution to others. It's a good group, so keep posting!:)

raising my glass as well! (even though a tad younger ;) )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back