The S Family Kids...Vanessa and KC

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some latest portraits again. Great kids, easy to work with. I was very lucky to have been able to photograph them. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking. I really appreciate it! :)

IMG_4678_2_500_vig_f_sig.jpg

IMG_4700_2_500_vig_f_sig.jpg

IMG_4723_2_500_vig_f_sig.jpg

IMG_4745_2_600_vig_sig.jpg

IMG_4803_2_600_vig_sig.jpg

IMG_4838_2_600_vig_sig.jpg

IMG_4870_2_600_vig_sig.jpg

IMG_4875_2_600_vig_f_sig.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

Wow, nice and clear and sharp. In #3, the way her shirt hangs between her legs makes it look like she's wearing spotted underwear, eek. #1 and #8 are my favorites, as they have the most natural smiles. :)

OMG, that little girl is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love her dark eyebrows with her blonde hair!!!!!

Of course, I think you did an amazing job NJ. However, I have to agree with Wildmaven about her shirt in #3. I actually didn't notice it myself until she pointed it out but thats an easy fix.

Again, beautiful portraits (of course portraits are my favorite!!!) :)

Nice job - I liked #'s 1, 4 & 6 because they look the most natural - which, I think is really important in kid photos.

Nice exposure, composition and it appears from here, and other posts, that you have great DOF control. Sharp as a tack.

IMO the clothing choice really detracts from these shots. Their faces shouldn't be competing with polka dots and bright colours.

Other than the clothing the shots are bang on NJ.

i like the shots but my god that girl is creeping me out...i'm talking like Linda Blair creeping me out

Wow, nice and clear and sharp. In #3, the way her shirt hangs between her legs makes it look like she's wearing spotted underwear, eek. #1 and #8 are my favorites, as they have the most natural smiles. :)

Thanks Marian. I appreciate that you noticed it. Its always good to get different views and opinions. :)

OMG, that little girl is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love her dark eyebrows with her blonde hair!!!!!

Of course, I think you did an amazing job NJ. However, I have to agree with Wildmaven about her shirt in #3. I actually didn't notice it myself until she pointed it out but thats an easy fix.

Again, beautiful portraits (of course portraits are my favorite!!!) :)

Thank you oldnavy! Always appreciated.

Nice job - I liked #'s 1, 4 & 6 because they look the most natural - which, I think is really important in kid photos.

Thanks Taralyn! Im very grateful for the nice response! :)

Nice exposure, composition and it appears from here, and other posts, that you have great DOF control. Sharp as a tack.

IMO the clothing choice really detracts from these shots. Their faces shouldn't be competing with polka dots and bright colours.

Other than the clothing the shots are bang on NJ.

Point taken, heip. Thanks for the critique. I wish the mom hadn't dressed her in polka dots, but thats what she was wearing when they showed up. oh well. Thanks for the kind words. :)

i like the shots but my god that girl is creeping me out...i'm talking like Linda Blair creeping me out

uh... not sure what thats all about, but ok.

Question. Notice that SUPER slight shading around the edges of every shot. How do you get that? I think i could rig something up in photoshop....but is there a way through lenses?!?!?!

|Brock|

Question. Notice that SUPER slight shading around the edges of every shot. How do you get that? I think i could rig something up in photoshop....but is there a way through lenses?!?!?!

|Brock|

If there is a way to do it through the lens, I dont do it that way. I add a vignette in photoshop. The way I do it is create a new layer, then use the circular marquee tool, set the feather to 50 (for a 700 wide image for example), and draw an oval around the inside edge, the go to Select > Inverse, then use the paint bucket, set with black paint, opacity at 15% and click on the outside corner of the marquee a couple of times. Then do Ctrl+D to deselect, and flatten the layer and save your web image. If you want to do it with a full res image, set the feather on the marquee tool to 200 or so.

If there is a way to do it through the lens, I dont do it that way. I add a vignette in photoshop. The way I do it is create a new layer, then use the circular marquee tool, set the feather to 50 (for a 700 wide image for example), and draw an oval around the inside edge, the go to Select > Inverse, then use the paint bucket, set with black paint, opacity at 15% and click on the outside corner of the marquee a couple of times. Then do Ctrl+D to deselect, and flatten the layer and save your web image. If you want to do it with a full res image, set the feather on the marquee tool to 200 or so.

Please take note everyone...NJ is more than willing to help with detailed instructions on his PP. This is what the forum is all about. Please share your experiences. Thanks NJ.

I really like #4 & 6. I love the close personal in-my-space like of look alot. The girl and boy are both attractive with gorgeous eyes. Your DOF is right on along with sharpness, poses and PP.

I'm not crazy about her polka dots, as others have stated. I might say to suggest certain types of clothing and state bluntly that some things just distract from the image- before hand- haha. In certain types of images- like Urban perhaps, it would have work for her though. I'm sure its her favorite dress though!

Your work is great as always!

i love everything about #4.... followed closely by #6.... excellent clarity, colour-'pop', and d.o.f. throughout. Bet mum & dad love these x

These photos are very nice! Bet the parents really love them!! Is #4 an in-camera crop? Her eyes are gorgeous in that one; but I keep wishing there as a smidge more on the left and a little less on the right.

Thanks everyone again for the great comments. I am very grateful for you taking the time.

JenR: Yes, #4 is an in-camera crop. It was not cropped afterward. Thanks for your nice words.:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back