And, here we go again!
3556853378_052b3ff04d.jpg

3556853020_f2462e81b6.jpg

3556852892_acba2c7158.jpg

3556852616_dd43c004f6.jpg

3556041453_15ec2f1b9e.jpg

3556041365_3c93f98d8c.jpg

3556041177_d8f6dae565.jpg

These were quite difficult to post process. He had quite severe acne, and because of that he also had a very redish face. It was hard to keep the consistency from photo to photo.

The two shots in his suit are for after graduation when he sends in an aplication to go on a mission for his church. His mom thought it fitting to do a few of those at the same time as the senior session. I give missionaries a $5 special. They come in and get about 5 pictures, sort of head shot fashio, that they can use in their application and that mom can have as a memory while the missionary is away.

Shot #2 is nice - my favorite of the series anyway. Judging from your comment about the post processing difficulty, it would be interesting to see some of the originals =)

He definitely does smiling shots better.

My real quick take on it is that #3 seems a little too un-natural. And PHENOMENOL job on his face!!!! And great job on getting natural smiles out of him!! They look fantastic!!

Great job!
Can I ask... you said that he had quite bad acne... did they ask you to remove that PP or did you just do it yourself?
On another forum a photographer did some PP to a woman and she is very upset that he took it upon himself to do it without asking her first. She thought his rendition was not true to what she looks like.

Great job!
Can I ask... you said that he had quite bad acne... did they ask you to remove that PP or did you just do it yourself?
On another forum a photographer did some PP to a woman and she is very upset that he took it upon himself to do it without asking her first. She thought his rendition was not true to what she looks like.

I did it without asking. I always have, and I've never had anyone angry about it. My husband asked the same thing as he watched me working on it, and I mentioned that when I got my sr portraits taken (a long time ago;)) I was thrilled with what the photographer did to my facial flaws. I always leave moles, and/or scars unless asked otherwise. The kid didn't want to be in a portrait session at all, his mom was forcing him to get some senior portraits done, I wanted to fix them up so that he really liked them!

Over all I really like them. This kid is photogenic! I love the first one. Very telling of his interests/personality. #3 and 4 seem unnatural or uncomfortable to him. (#3 arm placement is unnatural while #4 just seemed uncomforable for him.) #5 I would have put more hand/shoulder in there so that it didn't seem like the soccer ball was placed next to his head. LOVE #7! Excellent photo!

Great job!

I did it without asking. I always have, and I've never had anyone angry about it. My husband asked the same thing as he watched me working on it, and I mentioned that when I got my sr portraits taken (a long time ago;)) I was thrilled with what the photographer did to my facial flaws. I always leave moles, and/or scars unless asked otherwise. The kid didn't want to be in a portrait session at all, his mom was forcing him to get some senior portraits done, I wanted to fix them up so that he really liked them!

I agree with this. Something like a mole is part of a person's character. Acne, however, won't always be there and is not something you want to be reminded of and have to see in pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back