Status
Not open for further replies.

Veovoda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey!
So I got this task at my photo course to take a photo of every classic "death sin". I am really busy with other things in school at the moment so my inspiration to take a great photo is down the bottom. So do anyone want to lend a helping hand and share some ideas that I could try to recreate?

Here are the sins.
1 Lust
2 Gluttony
3 Greed
4 Sloth
5 Wrath
6 Envy
7 Pride

thx

I'm sorry but your very first post is asking us to help you with a task for school?

For sloth you could take a photo of your computer monitor showing the opening post for this thread.

"Death Sin?"

BTW: I am really busy with remodeling my house, grocery shopping, cooking supper, keeping up with the errands, etc., so could you come over and give me a hand so I could concentrate on your school project?

thx

I am really busy with other things in school at the moment so my inspiration to take a great photo is down the bottom.

Then, maybe it's time to drop something; decide what's important to you.
BTW, what's "meeee" - anything like IEEE?

If you google "7 Deadly Sins Photography Ideas" you'll come up with literally thousands of results. It's a very common assignment, and it's very common for the students to ask other people to do the thinking for them.

Come back if you want critique or have questions about how to improve your photography. Those are the questions that we're happy to answer.

Yeah, yeah you dont need to help. **** off all!

I would rather put of the other things to go photograph stuff.

Yeah, yeah you dont need to help. **** off all!

See, now that's just so darn classy now I'm kicking myself for not weighing in on this earlier and giving you all these wonderful ideas I had. Sigh....

I dont really care, I'll figure it out myself like I always do. Just wanted to see if there was any nice guy out there who wanted to share something but nvm. Bye.

I dont really care, I'll figure it out myself like I always do. Just wanted to see if there was any nice guy out there who wanted to share something but nvm. Bye.

Ok, bye then I guess. Very nice meeting you. Appreciate you advising me to fornicate with myself, not that it's an entirely uncommon suggestion. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, drop by.. we'll do lunch. Just have your people call my people. Better yet, probably best to have your people call my machine. My people aren't really all that reliable.

Well, who wants to do somebody else's homework?? If you were working on a project and got stuck, needed some help, or were asking for some ideas you might have gotten better responses than having done nothing on an assignment for a class you don't seem to care about and expect people you don't know on a message board to tell you what to do.

And it's the seven deadly sins not death sins.

Well, I think that these types of subjects work best when an artist gives something of themselves in the piece. So I'd start by thinking what these subjects mean to you personally and look for a way to express that.

If thats too much effort though there are common things everyone accociates with these so exploring them might be an option if you are pushed for time.

Veovoda, I think you're likely very young and genuinely don't understand what you did wrong or why people responded the way they did.

In your post, you said you had been "busy" and asked if we could come up with ideas for you. The implications of that is that your time is more valuable than anyone else's time. You can't be bothered to do your work, so you're trying to pass it off to the minions. The people on this website are not minions. Many are professionals who have dedicated their lives to photography.

If you had instead written that you'd been working hard on this project but you were stuck and then listed the best ideas you'd come up with for each sin and asked for opinions or ideas on how to execute them, I think you'd have gotten a much better response.

As for hoping there was a "nice guy" that would help...there are lots of nice guys. I posted for critique just a few days ago. I got many helpful responses, including two that sent me detailed critiques in private messages.

The key to getting help is all in the approach, and frankly, your approach needs work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back