The shots from the bridge (9 shots)

I love the shot of PHL 64 (the train one). Was it stopped? I also like #3.

I dont mind being questioned, but the security guards think they are cops nowadays. I should file a complaint with the security guard company every time this happens.
I feel the same way. Most of the security gaurds that were around the area I like to watch trains are cool with me being anywhere, including on the locomotive. However in other locations, it seems like they try to make your life as difficult as possible.

thanks Iron !!! and everyone else !! What can I say !! I love shooting night scenes

yeah, sometimes its hard to get time to get out, but at least once a week I wait until everyone goes to bed and I get out for a while....
That way Im not missing hanging out when them...
if its a Saturday night I can usually sleep in the next morning. so it works out well....

Even once in a while when I shoot a wedding, I might do this on the way home that night. Already out somewhere farther from home, have my equipment with me, whats another hour if you just worked 8, its basically like a cooling down period...

Well anyways , thats my secret way to get out, just take your camera everywhere you go, but once in a while you have to set some time aside to just go out and shoot.

----security for you ...
Just be careful if you go into a industrial area at night, take someone with you (not your wife) and bring your phone, knife, flashlight, and camera flash. You have to be careful, nobody wants to hurt a photographer, but
some might want your camera. You cant hide it very well when you are using a tripod everywhere you go.

Also, you might accidentally photography a crack deal or something, they dont like that, not at all.. so be nondescript.

I am sure anything can happen anywhere, but I pretty much have been all over the place and I would say orange county is pretty much totally safe, santa ana is nothing to worry about, every city in the middle is fine, but there are some cities to be careful about..

long beach
downey
wilmington
los angeles

basically all the GOOD industrial places have the tradeoff of being a little risky, I have never had any issues but a few times ive spooked myself prety good with a little bit of caffiene induced paranoia, no they werent following me, they were trying to get into the coffee shop before it closed... hahaha

If you can shoot within 100 feet of your car you are pretty darn safe. you can set off your alarm and people will take off especially at night.

Looked at all these yesterday, came back today to stare at them some more. Just awesome. I'm definitely your fan.

I love number 3.
I don't know what it is, but every single one of your pictures has the same look...and I love it. I always look forward to your work.

thanks guys !!
Its not an HDR just cross processed the shadows and played with the levels.
The light was coming from a weird angle, the way it lit it up made it a good candidate for
cross processing !!!!
There isnt a definate formula that I follow, but I do have definate steps.
I guess in each shot I like to accentuate certain things.
whatever seems to compliment the scene
(well at least in my minds eye)
So Ill pull out whatever is lying latent in the shot !!!! Kind of like detective work
but with more expiramentation

;)

Most reactions

Back