The shots from the bridge (9 shots)

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This is what prompted the post 911 hysteria
Yeah Im going back there like every Saturday night !!!
anyone else welcome to tag along......
Theres already 2 of us committed to go.

industriallbharbordec07night-1.jpg

industriallbharbordec07night-2.jpg

industriallbharbordec07night-3.jpg

industriallbharbordec07night-4.jpg

industriallbharbordec07night-5.jpg

industriallbharbordec07night-6.jpg

industriallbharbordec07night-7.jpg

industriallbharbordec07night-8.jpg

industriallbharbordec07night-9.jpg

That train is freakin cool! After seeing these shots, well to be honest, even with myself, I can kind of understand why you might be questioned. Calling All Cars was definitely an over reaction.

-Shea

thanks !!!

I'm using an old 20D with the tamron 28-75 2.8 lens.

I dont mind being questioned, but the security guards think they are cops nowadays. I should file a complaint with the security guard company every time this happens.

stunning shots!!!

#2 is just awesome

Thor - makes me wish I was in the OC area... but a drive out from Michigan is a bit much to tick off the law ;-)

I am very interested in the post processing you do... or at least how you are setting up your camera? (if you care to share)

Thor - makes me wish I was in the OC area... but a drive out from Michigan is a bit much to tick off the law ;-)

I am very interested in the post processing you do... or at least how you are setting up your camera? (if you care to share)

Thanks,
nothing special in the equipment, I use an old canon 20D, release cable and tamron 28-75 2.8 lens.
decent tripod and I process with lightroom and then final file sizing in PS
Sometimes Ill use the 50mm lens when I cannot get the tripod with me, but overall Ive found that
stopped down properly the 28-75 is just as sharp as the 50mm. more so at the wider end.
lately Ive been playing around with come post processing, sometimes I just like to bring out
color combinations in shadows, but sometimes Ill go with something a little more harsh
like in the train shot I was expiramenting with making the lights dark and the darks light.
It reminds me of an hdr shot a little, which I ususaly dont like, but its gritty and it works
well for the train I think....

Dude, wtf, you have gotten really good at this kind of shooting.

Ok everyone, props to the 'hammer. He's got a full-on day job, kids and a wife, and he still loves photography so much he's out at night getting these kinds of shots.

Well done brother!

These are all awesome - I like the train the best as well. Well worth getting hassled by the rent-a-cop IMO. :)

Amazing shots mate, again, train shot for me really stands out, but there all awesome.

The train shot is great like everyone has already said.

Those are all great shots. I really like night photography and those are excellent. The color in #1 is awesome.

I recently got hassled by security guards outside the headquaters of Visa - the credit card company. I was taking some IR shots and a guard came out and told me stop taking pictures and to delete all my shots. I told him, "It's not going to happen." Those guys are a real pain in the ***.

If I was in SoCal I'd join you - I'm up in the SF Bay Area.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back