The Singer (pic heavy)

They are beyond lovely!

Thank you. I know you mentioned using LUTs in another thread, not sure if you use Lr, but I have a profile called skin glow that imparts a soft glow that when matched with a Kodak Portra 400 preset, adds a nice finish on her skin coloring.

They are beyond lovely!

Thank you. I know you mentioned using LUTs in another thread, not sure if you use Lr, but I have a profile called skin glow that imparts a soft glow that when matched with a Kodak Portra 400 preset, adds a nice finish on her skin coloring.

Hi Smoke. I quit using Lr many years ago. I'm a hardcore fan from the C1 camp :). I create my LUTs using the 3D LUT Creator, most times on a per-image-session basis since it allows me to get whatever I'm trying to achieve (when not lazy to) at the moment :)
Just recently (yesterday) learned out I can also create ICM profiles to use with the Capture One so I can do the grading using the RAW data meaning my limits should not be as strict as when I'm working in the Photoshop.

@ebyelyakov I downloaded several LUTs for Ps and Lr Profiles from ON1, but have yet to find a place to use them. I've purchased others and created custom to fill in the gaps.

@ebyelyakov I downloaded several LUTs for Ps and Lr Profiles from ON1, but have yet to find a place to use them. I've purchased others and created custom to fill in the gaps.
My personal problem with generic, all purpose presets (be it styles -- "presets" as they are called in Capture One or LUTs or whatever) is that they are just too generic to my own liking. They tend to work on some images and completely won't on the others.
Playing with my own LUTs (I use 3D LUT Creator) that I would use for a session, keeping some good once I create (but rather forgetting to use them the next time) there are just too many variables in play to present a universal, all size fit all answer.
Especially with the way RGB approaches describing of chroma, luminance and saturation with the same combination of the values. 3D LUT will simply massage the values as per the lookup table and there is no guarantee it won't stuff something up :)

Playing with my own LUTs (I use 3D LUT Creator) that I would use for a session, keeping some good once I create (but rather forgetting to use them the next time) there are just too many variables in play to present a universal, all size fit all answer.

I view editing differently based on the final image use. If I'm working on a one off creative image I might spend a lot of time with it but if I'm processing a large quantity of files I just don't have the time to spend fiddling with experiments. My processing starts well before I click the shutter, with lighting, composition, and camera setting choices, the closer I can get an image in camera (pre-vision) the less processing on the tail end, and the better those "generic" settings work.

@smoke665 2 & 6 for me, especially 6!

Very Nice!!!

Smoke665,
Beautiful set. Your portrait work is amazingly good. Your model brought me back to my oldest daughter singing into a mic when she was about the same age. Time doesn't stand stills she's 27 now.

Mike ☘️

Time doesn't stand stills she's 27 now.

True that. She is the youngest of 6 grands, and likely the last for us. The next youngest are 16 and the two oldest in their 20's. Doesnt seem like they should be that old.

True that. She is the youngest of 6 grands, and likely the last for us. The next youngest are 16 and the two oldest in their 20's. Doesnt seem like they should be that old.

Hell Smoke, doesn't seem like WE should be that old.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Mikey ☘️

Hell Smoke, doesn't seem like WE should be that old.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Mikey ☘️

I think time goes faster as you age. I first noticed it in my 50's, and as I prepare to leave my 60's I'm sure of it!

Most reactions

Back