The Sky over the Roofs

It's definitely an interesting idea, though it's not quite clicking for me personally... and unfortunately I cannot seem to figure out why.

It's definitely an interesting idea, though it's not quite clicking for me personally... and unfortunately I cannot seem to figure out why.

Same here. The only thing I can come up with is that the buildings form the composition and they are too far apart to create a really strong composition. Not much the photographer can do about that, I suppose.

I think for me, the buildings are just a little too dark. There is some interesting stuff there, but the sky keeps pulling me away from it.

Very interesting critic, guys, thanks.
So basically what I could/should have done would be to show more of the buildings.

At least the idea was good.

I have another pic based on the same idea, but I don't like that one that much myself. Also the buildings are even more apart and I don't really like the framing. But you see more of the buildings.

The Sky over the Roofs by NinjaWookiee on Flickr
Thoughts?

Greetings,
Matthias.

This could work with about a third of it cropped off the right side.

I don't know that I need more of the buildings as far as volume, just more light. It's a tough shot with a wide range. If you have the ability, selectively lighten the buildings (leave the sky alone) in post processing.

And I agree, the second just doesn't work quite as well compositionally.

Neat idea.

I really like this. I particularly like the play between the negative and positive spaces.

Most reactions

Back