The smoke has been blown away

Tony S

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Smoke and haze hanging over the area for weeks has finally been pushed back over the east side of the mountains so we have the clearest view we've had of Mt Rainier in over a month this afternoon. Of course that means clouds are moving in too.

404085534.jpg

404085535.jpg

Wow...now that is a really cool shot. no critique here, just praise.

Neat capture of the cloud formation.

Thaks for sending the smoke my way!

I'll be working the shots more later, I had a football game to shoot tonight so those were quick looks I had to show after I popped them up on the computer. It's going to be tough to pick which ones to do though as it only got better as the sun went down. I will have to work these shots more after I get the ball game all done and online.

404086958.jpg

2. I didn't even think about the moon, I was sitting eating a hamburger at the stadium when I saw the moon appear in the clouds by the mountain just as the sun was lighting the top of the clouds. I need to throw the graduated filter in my sports kit. Exposed for the moon and prayed.
404086961.jpg

If you can see Mt. Rainer, it's going to rain. If you can't, it's already raining.

Lately if you can't see it it means the wind has been blowing from the east sending over smoke. Haven't had a clear view in nearly a month and many days it's been hiding completely behind the smoke. cough cough

Neat capture of the cloud formation...and the moon!

Thanks everyone.

WesternGuy,
Yes, the lenticular clouds happen all the time over Mt Rainier. It is interesting to watch them change as the day goes on, luckily I get to sit in my front room to watch it happen. I was working the day of the ones in the piece you found, but I did see it from between Tacoma and Seattle. It was more amazing than what the pictures show.

Those clouds are surreal! Awesome shots!

Most reactions

Back