The softball photo shoot - pic heavy

You did it well. I liked them being simple and elegant.

Thanks for your feedback and kind words. The darker photos are a filter that I liked but I didn’t want to use it on all of them. The glove mask idea was mine, she came up with the bicep “balance” on her own - my habit of always having duct tape in my bag saved it from being a fail.

I REALLY like the glove mask pose. (big thumbs up)
The neat thing is that the white glove matches her uniform.

I've kinda seen the position on the field, but it never clicked in my head to use it as a pose.
Kudos to you for seeing it and doing it.
I'm going to put that pose into my poses library.

Thanks for your feedback and kind words. The darker photos are a filter that I liked but I didn’t want to use it on all of them. The glove mask idea was mine, she came up with the bicep “balance” on her own - my habit of always having duct tape in my bag saved it from being a fail.

I REALLY like the glove mask pose. (big thumbs up)
The neat thing is that the white glove matches her uniform.

I've kinda seen the position on the field, but it never clicked in my head to use it as a pose.
Kudos to you for seeing it and doing it.
I'm going to put that pose into my poses library.

Thanks AC. The white glove was a nice bit of luck and since the season hasn't really started it was pretty new looking. We tried a variation of this pose with the first baseman but her glove was huge and it just looked funny:

Great set and as mentioned before well done with the creativity.
I'm sure the girls are thrilled with the end product.

Thanks! Your feedback is much appreciated.

BTW, considering how concerned you were when you first posted about this gig, and the many posts on that thread,
. . . it looks like you did just fine.

That the girls like the photos is the main thing.

So you get a big 'thumbs up' :icon_thumleft:

BTW, considering how concerned you were when you first posted about this gig, and the many posts on that thread,
. . . it looks like you did just fine.

That the girls like the photos is the main thing.

So you get a big 'thumbs up' :icon_thumleft:

Yes having never done anything with speedlights/ocf before I wasn't sure how things would go. I got some excellent advice here and on the Fuji forums and I spent a couple of nights viewing tutorials on youtube and various other sites.

A big thank you to everyone who offered advice and suggestions!

Considering that this was your first attempt at such an involved photo shoot, I'd say you killed it! I love your bicep ball shot on a couple of different levels - great from a sport perspective, and great from a show-of-strength-from-a-young-woman kind of perspective.

Love the glove mask shot as well. All of them are very well done, and the girls are happy. Great job!

Really nice! Very creative poses. Not sure if it's just me but, in #4&5 the uniform looks slightly off in color from the rest.

Really nice! Very creative poses. Not sure if it's just me but, in #4&5 the uniform looks slightly off in color from the rest.
Thanks for the feedback, it’s much appreciated! Re the uniform colors - some of these have a filter preset added to them but not all. I wanted the girls to be have some of both styles.

Just having a look through the forum, and these photos really do stand out beautifully. IMO all are very well taken, with great eye contact and totally love the attitude the players are giving off.

Just having a look through the forum, and these photos really do stand out beautifully. IMO all are very well taken, with great eye contact and totally love the attitude the players are giving off.

Thanks for the nice comments. I’m very happy with the way they turned out. The girls have been posting them all over Instagram and Facebook so I know they like them. I even got an offer to shoot some headshots for a real estate firm and another for a senior photo shoot from people who saw the softball photos. I don’t think I’m ready for the senior shoot yet but I may do the realtor thing for the experience since the company belongs to a friend and she is well aware that I am not a professional.

no critique on the lighting, but the color of the BG is changing a lot between some of the shots. (not including the ones youve added the blue hue to)

Most reactions

Back