The Splits

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spotted this guy next to an empty field. It was split almost right down the middle, with part of it laying over and touching the ground.

51509378-L.jpg

Thanks Matt.
That's funny you mention the sky. All day I just kept waiting for the clouds to role in. The set of clouds over the mountains in the bg never budged...all day! The sky is almost always that blue, that's why I'm always hoping to get some clouds to change up some of my shots ;)

Cool shot, very unique. Do you think it got hit by lightning or just go like that on its own :scratch:

I like like the new avatar as well :thumbup:

Great composition and colour. We can lend you clouds. We have had 2 sunny days in the past 34. Nice to see somewhere in the world blue sky.

Where do you manage to find all these photographical objects strewn about the landscape? Very interesting subject, and I am also wishing I could see a blue sky like that more often.

Thanks all!

Not sure how it got like that? I tried to see if there were any visible signs of lightning, but didn't see any.

Peanuts, three words girl *snaps fingers in 'z' shape*
4X4 :mrgreen:

I just take off driving. Sometimes I park and get out and walk. Since I've really become interested in landscapes, I see things differently. My wife can never figure out why I'm slamming on the brakes. :lmao:

Thanks Jon and Ray :mrgreen:

Raymond, do you mean how far...as in from my house? Or how far away in the photo?

Either way, I am surrounded by mountains. North, east, south and west. This particular place is about an hour drive from home. The small hills to the right are only a couple of minutes away from where I shot this. The larger set in the bg are about another 20-30 minutes.

Mt. Whitney is only about 1.5 hours north of me. I can see the base of the Eastern Sierra's from my front door. :D

This is a shot looking back towards town from one of my recent weekend photo hikes. Man am I out of shape! It's about a 15-20 mile drive. The little bit of town that you can see is a smaller town about 15 miles from my house. So I had already hiked up a couple miles from where I parked.

Oh, and not to confuse you, but if I turned around in this photo I'd be facing west, I still had a couple of mile to the top. The mountains in the first photo are another 50 or so miles west from where I'm standing. Mountains everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51810456-L.jpg

Just wanted to add, that in case you hadn't noticed, I have very few landscape shots without mountains in the bg. Unless I'm in them! It's just not possible without getting down low to the ground or being on a hill already.

Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful and I love them. I love being in them and taking photos in them. But I've always been intrigued with the photos of open fields. They just portray such an emptiness and I like the vastness they present. I haven't been able to capture anything like that yet because there is always a mountain to stop the view...but I'm working on it ;)

Dang, woodsac ... I'd hang both of these!

Love the tree shot. Then again, all of your shots make me stop and breathe in a while.

I love how your landscapes always look so crisp and clean. These make me want to do some 4x4-ing myself. It's been WAY too long. **sigh**

Most reactions

Back