The Squinty Eye Blues

JCphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hey guys,

I have this problem thats bugging me. When I'm taking pictures, I close the eye not looking through the viewfinder.(as I assume most people do) The problem is, the closed eye after a while of shooting will go blurry on me. Does this problem happen to anyone else?

I sometimes try to keep both eyes open, but find it takes a good deal of my concentration to keep the right eye in focus.

any ideas?

JC

whats it matter if your other eye goes blurry? does it get clear again after a while? i think thats just sort of what happens when you have an eye closed for a while, happens to me, but it goes away within about 30 seconds....

ya if it we're only for a short time it wouldn't matter much. But sometimes it lasts for an hour sometimes more. It isn't THAT big of a problem in the first place, but having slighly blurred vision can't be helpful when trying to find interesting subjects and compositions.

JC

I suggest that you visit a Optometrist. Blurred vision in one eye for more then a few minutes is a sign that something could be wrong.

My eye goes a little blurry when I close the non-viewfinder eye, but that only happens if I have been wearing my contact lenses for too long and goes away in a few seconds.

If it happens only after a while of continuous looking you may be suffering from a kind of lazy eye.

Either that or your diopter adjustment in the view finder is slightly off, and when you first look through your eye strain to get it in focus but gets tired after a while.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back