The Startucky Trail

RaceJones.503

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.racejones.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys and gals, I'm new to the forum here and thought I'd post up this photo for some general feedback/critique. I've recently become obsessed with shooting the stars and night sky.

I spent Memorial Day weekend at a buddies cabin over in Montana (or Montucky as they call it). I shot this photo during a full moon and it consists of about 350 30 second exposures.

View attachment 46960

Looks great! I'm just really frustrated that the center of the star trails is misaligned from the smokestack thingie by like... 10 pixels! Haha so close! (Note: I would have no idea whatsoever which stars to line up with etc. to make that work even close to as well as you. Not a real criticism)

Did you have the shutter on an automatic setting? Or did you have to press it every time? I'm just curious...is this something a shutter boss can do?

Did you have the shutter on an automatic setting? Or did you have to press it every time? I'm just curious...is this something a shutter boss can do?

I have Magic Lantern on my 5d and it has a built in timelapse function so I basically set it up to take a photo every 30 seconds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back