Tyke Tyler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tomaswhitehouse.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks,

I hope your all well. It's been a while, I joined TPF a good while ago but since so much has changed, evolved and developed since then, so I just re-registered :confused:

Here's a 'few' from the past few months.

1:
Sample1.jpg

2:
Sample2.jpg

3:
Sample3.jpg

4:
Sample4.jpg

5:
Sample5.jpg

6:
Sample6.jpg

7:
Sample8.jpg

8:
Sample10.jpg

9:
Sample13.jpg

10:
Sample17.jpg

Last edited:
#1. I like the old time decor in this one. I could do without the tattoo, Too "modern" on an older "time piece."

#8 I like the stop action. The shadow in the front. Is there a way to make it less noticeable? More fill flash?

#10. I like it. Has that "End of Day reflection" feeling to it.

#1. I like the old time decor in this one. I could do without the tattoo, Too "modern" on an older "time piece."

Cheers bud, the girl in the picture is Molla Mills, she makes old fashioned clothing, creates here own comic books and has quite a distinctive style, the tattoo reflects her character and also the purpose of the image.
Whether the tattoo is appreciated or not, is merely preferential.

#8 I like the stop action. The shadow in the front. Is there a way to make it less noticeable? More fill flash?

Y'know, I hadn't really noticed the shadow until you mentioned it :lol:.
This was used on an ISU brochure for the European Figure Skating Championships in January this year.
I really wanted to use at least one more speedlight for that shot, on camera right adding a sharp rim to the leg and picking out more ice shards.
Time was so sensitive on that shoot though, the ice hall had been spilt into four segments to accommodate enough teams during their rehearsal allotment. There's always a war between ice hockey teams and synchro teams fighting for available time so it's get in, set up and get it done fast.

#10. I like it. Has that "End of Day reflection" feeling to it.

Cheers again :thumbup:, I consider myself very lucky to have had the opportunity to shoot that particular location, inside the VR clocktower at Helsinki Train Station, getting in there is not an easy thing.

Cheers for the comments, very appreciated :thumbup:

T.

Hey these are fanatastic! You work well with lighting. Some really nice portraits here. The only one I don't care for is #4 - The background is too busy for me , even in black and white. My eye just keeps going to it. But other than that I thinl these are awesome! Were these work place portaits for a buisness?

Were these work place portaits for a buisness?

Hey thanks! All the above minus the last were paid commissions. I made the move to turn my hobby into a business in late 2007, I still consider it to be in it's infancy but things are going very well, I'm very happy with the progress.

Really fanatastic photos. The ice skating blade is really great.

:thumbup: Much appreciated Lyncca, thanks for looking!

A lot of your work is clearly not to my personal taste, but they are extremely EXTREMELY well composed and lit, they are very interesting, and very original. As I said before... you clearly have a LOT of talent.

I happen to like 2,5 and 6 a LOT. It's funny... my reactions are totally along the lines of "Ooo, weird, I don't think I like that... wow, look what he did with the light... wow, look how sharp that is... wow, look at all the stuff going on... maybe I do like this... no... no, ... wait, maybe... no... yes! NO!" :lol:

A lot of your work is clearly not to my personal taste, but they are extremely EXTREMELY well composed and lit, they are very interesting, and very original. As I said before... you clearly have a LOT of talent.

I happen to like 2,5 and 6 a LOT. It's funny... my reactions are totally along the lines of "Ooo, weird, I don't think I like that... wow, look what he did with the light... wow, look how sharp that is... wow, look at all the stuff going on... maybe I do like this... no... no, ... wait, maybe... no... yes! NO!" :lol:

It's quite refreshing to hear opinions like this to be fair.
I'm still quite young in the realms of photography and evidently have alot to learn, this is where I have the most fun, developments as well as the practical side.

Personally, I would like to develop the darker side in future, get more 'cinematic' and more moody. :study:

I don't see any evidence of you having "a lot to learn". Your portrait work here kicks the bloody crap out of mine, and is interesting, edgy and different. Sure, there's always stuff to learn, but I'd be very afraid of you learning too much from what others may critique and potentially lose some of your style or edge. Be true to who you are and what you like to do. Listen to others and process the stuff seriously, but don't get dumbed down or lose your edge.

I wish I had your creativity.

All my personal opinion, mind you.

I don't see any evidence of you having "a lot to learn". Your portrait work here kicks the bloody crap out of mine, and is interesting, edgy and different. Sure, there's always stuff to learn, but I'd be very afraid of you learning too much from what others may critique and potentially lose some of your style or edge. Be true to who you are and what you like to do. Listen to others and process the stuff seriously, but don't get dumbed down or lose your edge.

I wish I had your creativity.

All my personal opinion, mind you.

Wise words and very appreciated too. :thumbup:

We should stay true to who we are, be honest with ourselves and express our findings along the way.

I love to learn, develop, evolve and I encourage others to do the same.

GROUP HUG!!!!

:lol:

btw, what was that eurocard backdrop anyway?

and can I ask how you did the lighting on that?

Most reactions

Back