The stream behind my parents house

JLaurenPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This stream is behind my parents house that I have hiked to since I was old enough to walk alone thru the woods alone.

$IMG_5976a.jpg

I would like come c&c about it.

I would like to know what i could do better or differently

Increase the overall exposure as well as the shadows. Also the tree in the top distracts the viewer from that amazing milky effect that you have brought to the stream.

Get down and dirty, walk forward pass the tree top... plant down your tripod and shoot from there...

Amazingly I was low as I could possibly get with out holding the camera my self but I will try that next time. And Ankit I think I was at the veryyyyyy edge of my dynamic range I believe. But I will look at my raw file again to see if i could squeeze more out if it.

You can try heading out and aiming to be there during the "Golden Hours" (although if its a heavy wooded area they can end up being delayed - local topography might also block the sun during some hours as well which can further adjust when its a suitable time).

When you've the sun at a lower height in the sky its light is more diffused through the atmopshere and as a result is softer. The light will also typically, be weaker than at midday so you can use a longer shutter speed for that motion blur, and get the darker areas raised up more so without the whites clipping.

What a beautiful place :) Fantastic shot, love the water running down the rocks :)

Thank you guys and gals. I love hiking in my back yard.

Most reactions

Back