the stupid tide!

afoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
another photo for C&C please :)

i went over to the beach last night to shoot what turned out to be a failed sunset.

the tide was also coming in super fast, and ended up covering a lot of my foreground! but with a 6 minute exposure i was still able to see some of the rocks.

i think i might be getting a bit of banding in the image, any ideas on how to get ride of that, or even better i guess would be to prevent it?

the tide by hippy_henna, on Flickr

I think it's really cool with the tide coming over the rocks. I've seen literally dozens, if not hundreds of photos like this with rocks in the foreground, but this is the first where I have seen it with the tide gradually covering the rocks like this. Thanks for showing me something different :)

I like it.. very much! Very soft, and lovely hues..

hey guys, thanks for the comments! glad to hear the tide didn't ruin it.

for interest sakes, here is the exposure taken just before, about 12 minutes apart (6 minutes exposures each)

its crazy to see how much the lighting changed as well!

have a preference? which one and why!

tide 2 by hippy_henna, on Flickr

What f/stop?

Both are good shots, but I like the second one better. The added variety in color in the foreground makes it more interesting to me.

I favor the second one as well. Both very nice shots.

I, too, favour the second one. That said, I really like them both. Awesome exposure, I wish I'd done something similar.

Another vote for #2

I like the second one photographically, but I think the limited colour pallet in the first shot would make it great as framed artwork in a house :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back