" THE SURGE ""

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not a huge Fall, but one with quite the rush...

Flash used: Yes
  • Focal length: 29.5mm
  • Exposure time: 0.067 s (1/15)
  • Aperture: f/7.5
  • ISO equiv.: 50
  • Metering Mode: matrix
  • Exposure: Manual

surge2.jpg

The saturation is great.. but... The trees in the background are a wee bit out of place to me. Try a few different angles of the falls or use a wider lens. Otherwise this is a beaut

Lovely shot. I think a little more greenery would really frame this picture well on the top. Give it just that little extra kick of substance. :thumbup:

blackdoglab....and cosmom3

First off thanks for commenting!!

Ok, this tight shot was done to show as the title suggests, the surge, or in other words the actual start of the small powerful fall..

Now , probably get in trouble for this, but since you both mention trees , I gotta post this shot , which shows the fall, and the stream that follows, and along with the trees you mention...

so here goes , let s try to post this as an answer to your replies , and see if it flies with moderator ???

thefalls.jpg

that's the money shot!!!! That's exactly how I imagine new england looks like

yup, thats the winner. What I was thinking up involved less trees, I was talking more about a border, however I love this shot. :thumbup:

Wow! , Hey you both came back, lol, that worked well... but glad the second pic worked better!

i agree the second shot works significantly better. its got good color, and contrast as well!

I think the first shot is totally lacking in composition. Everything is just blobbed into a square format. Without a decent composition everything else is irrelevant- especially at this point (since there's been another photo posted).

I can see why Motcon's hated stamps are necessary. Without them the critique forum is just a petting zoo. IMO the first couple critiques danced totally around the issues the shot has.

The second shot (the rest of the story), if one were to consider the guidelines that folks worked so hard to come up with and establish, should be even remarked on, but placed in a gallery forum or initially posted for critique.

Watered down efforts and circumventing the guidelines not only cheat critique, but the galleries as well.

With that said;

A totally, visually orgasmic experience, superb and flawless in every detail. ... blah, blah,... bala, bla...

I love the second one! Great work. I was just curious if you used a filter?

mike .....Thanks for your comment, appreciated..

abraxus.... Thank You... I only posted the second , to actually show the shot with trees , due to the prior comments... I think your being a little hard on the previous posters, ( Dancing with the issues ?? ) and also by saying the second pic shouldn't be commented on??
I got something out of what was said , and appreciated their comments, and surely didn't feel they were a petting zoo comment???? after all the views you mention were yours, maybe they felt different ??

I don't feel this critique forum is set up to totally rip apart each post , I mean if you like something , its easy, just say it.. its not mandatory to find fault is it ??...

but , none the less, appreciate your comments also!

W Dodd... There ya go, He likes it, and it was simple , He just said , ""I love the second one! Great work. I was just curious if you used a filter?""

I don't see any dancing with issues there lol...

Thank You W Dodd!! Yes Polarizer was used.. appreciate you commenting !

Second one > first one by a lot in my book. The second one is just a very serene shot and I absolutely love it. As a Mainer (inner Maine, no coast for me), I'd have to say that scene represents the forest aspect of New England, now just capture the coast and you'll have nailed it all ;)

i like the second one way better

I think the composition of the second one is far better. Your eye flows with the water causing movement. The first picture feels vary stale. Colors are great. I'm impressed with the exposure as well. Seems like every time I have tried to shoot water it ends up blown out. Good job.

Most reactions

Back