The Tortilla Lady….

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was walking in old town san diego to eat at one of our favorite mexican food spots and as always there is a long wait but, thats ok because gives us time to walk around and stop in with the tortilla lady and buy some fresh and hot tortillas!

I asked her can I take your picture and she just smiled for the camera…Color does not do this pictures justice like BW…

TortillaLady by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

May we see the color version? I struggle with B&W. I know what looks good to me, but I still have not figured out what/when/why to convert anything I have (it's a bummer).

I feel like there is some great sugar and cinnamon and golden brown churros and hot oil and fresh dough etc. going on in that tight space. Color maybe help me with how all that smells.

I don't usually like street photos, but this is nice! I think the B&W works well. Could it be a little tilted though?

I like - really well timed shot with a nice tonal range. If I was being picky I'd say the oof 'Tips Gracias' element is a little distracting, which could have been eliminated with a smaller aperture but I'm guessing you needed all the light you could grab.

May we see the color version? I struggle with B&W. I know what looks good to me, but I still have not figured out what/when/why to convert anything I have (it's a bummer).

I feel like there is some great sugar and cinnamon and golden brown churros and hot oil and fresh dough etc. going on in that tight space. Color maybe help me with how all that smells.

here you go

tortilla lady color by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Personally I prefer the B&W version ... and I like the TIPS GRACIAS, it feels like it set the mood and makes the stand her own ... might try cropping square to lose the CHURROS and aluminum foil those are a tad distracting to me ...

here you go

tortilla lady color by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Thank you :) Suddenly the urge to make a run for the border, it's been too long. The sites and sounds and colors and smells of the streets of Tijuana. :band:

Nice. I would have asked her not to smile. That would have made a big difference for the way I like street photography. I'm not meaning street should be "candid at any cost". But I don't like the "smile for the camera" style...

I think this needs a tighter crop. I know you're trying to add her occupation but all the distractions around her take it away. since we see her holding that tortilla we all kind if assume she makes tortillas

just my opinion

I think this needs a tighter crop
I agree. Something like that:
Schermata 2015-09-17 alle 09.41.54.png

^^^ much better!

I'm finishing up my NYIP course and one of their 3 main rules...

SIMPLIFY :)

Most reactions

Back