'The Tourist Guy'

With all due respect; this was a played subject when it came out let alone 6 years later. I have always felt that it worked on peoples emotions in a negative way. Here we are being attacked by terrorists and some how this accidental tourist comes into play? Do not think I ever understood it. Reminds me of the power of the internet at it's worst.

Love & Playa

I think I'm in the dark as well.... ? ? ?

While I agree that the photo is very distastful I don't think it's right to say the OP is (though the original post was edited). In the spirit of being on a forum where everyone is able to discuss ideas I think that principle needs to be upheld even when the topics aren't pleasant ones.

My .02.

While I agree that the photo is very distastful I don't think it's right to say the OP is (though the original post was edited). In the spirit of being on a forum where everyone is able to discuss ideas I think that principle needs to be upheld even when the topics aren't pleasant ones.

Exactly so.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - attributed to Voltaire.
This Forum in particular is a place to discuss things that would not normally be discussed - and this means issues that some may find offensive or unpleasant or in bad taste.
Remember that just because you don't like something it doesn't mean that everyone views it the same way or should view it the same way.
Censorship is an historic way of imposing control so having to sometimes face things you don't want to have to face is the price we pay for freedom. And it's a small price.

wait why is this bad to bring up, is it real? the pic i mean or did someone photoshop it, i feel bad for the guy, is he alive or am i just confused?

If the camera had been there then you would not be able to view it as it would have been destroyed along with every one else.

As to whether or not it should have been done, black/gallows humor will always be with us.

Most reactions

Back