The TPF Meet-up Bugs

Oh, my God!! The prettiest bugs I have ever seen!!!! :) GREAT! GREAT JOB!!

What's lens?

well done Daan great images :thumbup:
Cheers :)
It's been said already, but these shots are stunning. The detail you get in the insect is amazing, and I like how you're able to include other objects like flowers, half eaten leaves etc. Very cool to see the results of all that lurking in the grass and at the duckpond and on the stones at the Wildpark etc etc turned out!
Yeah, its well worth the hayfever attacks :D
Dude....everyone of these is brilliant...total magazine quality. Schweet shooting Daan.
Thanks, appreciate it :)
awesome. makes me feel like getting a macro lens and go out finding bugs myself.
Just go out and do it......little warning, it was said to me and i will say it to you: ITS ADDICTIVE :mrgreen:
I would be too! I like the 6 more you added btw...

Nice! All good ones! 18 is cool! Needs the audio from a flight control room during a talk-down landing.

Thanks for the run-down on the set-up! Much appreciated! (looks cool!)
Thanks and yeah, that would be funny :lol:
Oh, my God!! The prettiest bugs I have ever seen!!!! GREAT! GREAT JOB!!

What's lens?
Thank you very much
And just look up a couple of posts, its all explained there :)

They are sooo good! Each and every one of them. But those of the hover flies in flight (1, 2 and 19) are my favourite, they are sooo amazing, given the (almost non-existing) size of those flies!

I always struggle that much getting good macros with the Sigma zoom lens in its macro function. Maybe I should start working with the speedlite more (but for doing so, my newest investment should be into that diffuser! "The Hat" :D).

Thanks Corinna :)
I used to use the sigma for my macro's, but it just isnt the same as a dedicated macro lens. the sigma 70-300 got a 1:2 ratio where a the macro got a 1:1 (but you allready knew that, right?) The 1:2 just doesnt cut it with the little bugs. Larger ones like butterflies and stuff can be captured quite well with that lens though :)

Most reactions

Back