The tree that killed James dean....

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
Website
www.lulu.com
I realize these are just touristy shots but thought some of you might be interested in seeing them. It was kinda crazy cuz when we pulled up there were 2 Porsches in front of it. Anyway not good shots but the best I could do at that moment! Hope you enjoy.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

I thought he was killed in a motor collision, did he hit the that tree too? :(

Why are all the letters gone?
And my, he was born in 1931? That makes him only a year younger than my dad. My dad is 75! To me, James Dean will remain forever young! (Could that be the advantage of dying young?????)

maybe it is not a wise to ask, but... who was he?

I always thought he crashed his Porsche Spyder into another vehicle turning onto or crossing the highway.

James Dean was a famous musician and actor from the 50's. Download some of his music legally ;)

I thought he was on his motorbike when he crashed. Where was I? Oh ya, not born yet :p

JamesDean2.jpg

Mentos: this is...

The part of the text on the site where this photo's from reads

On September 30th, 1955, Jimmy and his mechanic, Rolf Wuetherich, went for a drive and were involved in a head-on collision in Paso Robles, California. Rolf suffered several injuries, but James Byron Dean was dead at the young age of 24.

That one text (haven't googled far into the subject) doesn't suggest there was a tree involved...

That is interesting! What things to be found on the internet! WOW!
It was too fast for me to really notice a TREE, though. Must look at it again, maybe.

Hi there, I was told that after the collision that james dean's porsche slammed into that tree. It appears that I may have been misinformed. I did alot of research myself and couldn't find anything to substantiate that claim. I perhaps need to work on my gullibility! Sorry my information was incorrect. I'll tell you though that everyone at that tree was making a big deal about it, even taking videos and such.

Most reactions

Back