The Village 060121

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Used to be Teton Village. Now Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Incredible snow this year. Strong skiers take note: If ever there was a time to visit Jackson... this year is that time.

I have not been able to shoot personal photos since Nov 27, 2005. In my infinite wisdom I bought the Nikon Coolpix 5200 to remedy the situation. I can not remember the last time I had a pocket sized camera. I am psyched to say the least. Initial shots seem a little raw, so please spill some crit and or thoughts.

Near the top of Bernie's Bowl 9000'
berniesbowl1xo.jpg

Near the Casper Bowl 7000'
lowervill7dp.jpg

beautiful shots Craig! i'd love to see a little of that this year :)

thanks for sharing!

Fully humbled by the replies' gang!!!!!!!!! The first frame is my fave. I think I should have concentrated on the severity of the run as opposed to the caution sign. I felt the red sign provided an interesting contrast. Plus it has been my experience that steepness is tough to convey.

We have deemed this run myspace chute. As in my Myspace.com (don't ask). We have received so much snow that is possible to ski this cliff band into Bernie's Bowl. As opposed to the proper goat path entrance.

Love the Casper Bowl shot! I agree with HairMD - it kinda makes me miss the snow we usually have at this time of year in southern Ontario. Surely they could have come up with a better name for that steep run in the first shot? Widowmaker? Suicide Alley? Luge?

Not so much they, more like the freaks I ride with. Now that you mention it there is a serious lack of scary names considering the terrain. We have Shivers Ridge and the coolest is Meet your maker. I will post one from meet your maker.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back