The Vruden family...kids portraits

Very Nice!! I love the color. The pose in number 1 is probably the best. I also really like number 2 but now that I notice the feet is cut off at the ankle, I'm not so sure. It took me a while to notice the missing feet so that's good!! Number 4 is also one of my favorite!!!

Very Nice!! I love the color. The pose in number 1 is probably the best. I also really like number 2 but now that I notice the feet is cut off at the ankle, I'm not so sure. It took me a while to notice the missing feet so that's good!! Number 4 is also one of my favorite!!!

Thanks for the comments schumion! I was going for the vertical orientation in #2, so I had to make a call of where to crop that one. Otherwise, I would have surely included his feet.

These are GREAT!!! I always enjoy viewing your work. You are so good!! How long have you been at photography? I see that you are self taught and I am DSLR beginner and would eventually love to take the plunge into the business. Any advice?

These are GREAT!!! I always enjoy viewing your work. You are so good!! How long have you been at photography? I see that you are self taught and I am DSLR beginner and would eventually love to take the plunge into the business. Any advice?

Thanks! I really appreciate the nice words. I've been serious about photography for a little over 2 years. Though, I wouldn't call myself a pro, I've been getting paid for portrait photography for a little over a year now. I started out doing shoots for family and friends, and now word is spreading quickly through referrals, so I am grateful for that. I only do it part time because I have a full time day job as well. So I only schedule as much work as I can handle without sacrificing my family life.

The best advice I can give you is to read posts on this forum. There are many great nuggets of information if you look in the right spots and ask questions. There a tons of people here willing to help you improve. Also practice practice practice. :D

NJ

Thank you so much for the advice. I really enjoy taking pictures and would love to pursue it. I am up for the challenge because I know that I have a lot to learn. I look forward to seeing more of you work.

Ahhh the colors. I always love how your photos glow with colors. You did a great job NJ.

For me, #3 is a real stand-out. Do you have on like this with her looking into the lens?

Pete

Thanks Pete! I appreciate the comment.

It was pretty difficult. I only have a few out of about 75 of her where she was actually looking directly at the lens. She just turned 2, and her attention span was very short, obviously. I don't have one exactly like #3, but here is one that might come close. It was one of the mom's favorites.

IMG_9932_2_700_vig.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

NJ

I like that last one^

You got some good pictures man, the family will really like them (if they haven't seen them yet)

Great shots, especially the little girl. The facial expressions are priceless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back