The Watermelon Incident:

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took these shots for the competition so coulnd't really post them before but I'd love a bit of feedback on them...

thumb_First-Shot.jpg

thumb_Forwards-Veiw.jpg

thumb_Front-on.jpg

thumb_Splatter.jpg

thumb_Still-Saw.jpg

I should also pre-empivly appologise to Mentos who may take offence at these images! ;)

Thanks for looking.

Ugh.
Who cleaned that saw after this!?!?!?!?

I think you had a great Idea with this one! I just wouldnt want to have to clean that mess up ;-)

Otherwise I really like #4 because of the darker background!

LaFoto said:

Lol!! Probably the best bit of crit I've ever seen! I actually wasted about 3 hours of my life cleaning that saw up only to sell it on ebay, doh!

Thanks Spako, the whole thing was 'inspired' by the opening credits of a tv series called spaced in which they have a matrix style shot of someone taking a hammer to a raw egg, it got me thinking about tools and food and the water melon seemed like a good idea (at the time).

mind showing pictures of your face and the wall after this ? ;)

Will I really want to see that!?!?!?!?

Sorry, no mess on the walls I'm afraid, this was all done outside, I used a clothes horse and some old sheets for the backdrop, overcast skies and a standing lamp for lighting about an hour before dusk as the colours seemed to come out better around then (yes, I did spend days trying to work out the lighting and yes, that is the best I could do!)

I really like the idea. Although I'd probably spend more time eating the subject than taking photographs of it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back