The Wedding Party Table

Kent Frost

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.djspiral.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was taken last August when I shot a 12-hour wedding with my brother in Macomb, IL. Fun time, for sure.

wedding_table.jpg

This is a nice angle and I really like how the light of the stage where I assume there later was a band playing (?) illuminates all the glasses. In addition to the light, the repetition factor and your chosen DOF are appealing. (Now I think I recognise the drums, so yes, there must have been a band playing at a later point in time).

I assume there was a window to the left?
And there was daylight shining through that window, adding the tad of blue colour coming from the left? Nice, too!!!

Actually no. The blue cast was coming from straight above from lights that are used in that banquet room. In fact, there are no rooms inside there at all.

banquet_room.jpg

I like the shot but I think that the 4 lights are stealing attention away from the table.

Big Mike said:
I like the shot but I think that the 4 lights are stealing attention away from the table.
But without them the table, well, the glass/crystal really, wouldn't have the reflections that make this pic come alive...

W.Smith said:
But without them the table, well, the glass/crystal really, wouldn't have the reflections that make this pic come alive...

I love the reflections...but with the actual lights in the frame...they are just too bright. The eye is naturally drawn to the brightest/contrasty spot...which makes it hard to really focus attention on the great detail and reflections in the glasses.

Using my scroll bar to 'hide' the lights...makes it easier to look at, IMO. Although, cropping it that close isn't ideal either.

I agree that the lights are distracting, but the effect they give to the reflective glasses is so nice. It's a very distinctive picture!

Most reactions

Back