The Wind in the Willows

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Meet Ratty from the Wind in the Willows, who is a Water Vole and not a Rat

Took me 5 hours of waiting around for this shot today and to me it was worth every sun burning, insect biting second :lmao:

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

I know you don't want an attaboy, but FFS, that high res is 'kin awesome.

Glad you hung about. Sorry for the sun burn and bites, but there are lotions and potions for that....and the odd pint... but that moment is breathtaking.

Cute little bugger isn't he?!

That's a nice natural setting, the colour is great, I feel as if I am there looking at it in person...well done.

Darn it Prophet I tried - really tried to see something wrong with this shot - but I can't see anything wrong :(

A wonderful shot and (again) definatly well worth having your blood sucked out and your skin roasted for!
Thanks for sharing and hope to see more!

Sooo glad the vole cooperated and let you get this cracking shot, after 5 hours of waiting. Cute animal, nice shot.

Heehee the title you give is perfect! I can't say I've ever seen a vole (cartoon rendition aside), so I'd say your five hour wait was worth it for me too. ;)

It's beautifully framed by the reeds too. :)

Wonderful shot, really stands out. Well worth the wait, I am sure.

many thanks everyone

Darn it Prophet I tried - really tried to see something wrong with this shot - but I can't see anything wrong :(

There is something wrong!!!

His name is not Ratty, but it is Steve, I used to hang out with him in Devon pubs a couple of years ago. I always wondered what happened to him. But it looks as if he finally found himself a new home ;)

Aynway, great shot, almost as if he spotted you and is looking at you with mixed feelings ;)

Yeah he said he knows you, says you owe him a pint

it's not a Rat....It's a Siberian Hamster!

Seriously though, really great image, well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back