The Woman at the Tunnel Entrance

I

Iron Flatline

Hello friends.

I've got what I think could be a good shot, but I need your help. I feel like this is not perfect, I'm particularly unhappy about the fat white vertical pylon that is in the center of the image. Compositionally it divides the image.

I thought this quasi-Dragan low-sat version complements the mood I'm going for, but I was wondering how some of you might have processed this.

Here is my version - the way I processed it - as well as a JPG straight off the RAW data.

Woman%20at%20tunnel%20entrance.jpg

The straight RAW -> JPG:

Woman%20at%20tunnel%20entrance%20-%20pure%20RAW%20TPF.jpg

I am including:

The RAW File - quite large (12 MB)

The PSD File
- warning it is HUGE (85 MB)

As always, you're welcome (and encouraged) to work with this file and edit it as you want to. Please share your technique with me and other readers of this thread.

Kind regards,

The Iron Flatline

I like the woman's expression. I like the cropping. I like the processing on the billboard.

I prefer the color saturation of the raw on her skin and clothing. I can't PP very well, but was wondering if, in skilled hands, the white pylon could be cloned with either the brick or the tile. It surely divides the composition on an otherwise great shot.

I think the color changes you made were great and I agree the central white pillar is bad soooo,
I duplicated all of it on another layer, masked out the right side and slid the lady over a bit. (roughly masked, bad pixelation at edge of mask, sorry, busy today)

ladycompee7.jpg

OMG, LOL, that never even occured to me. Funny stuff, I will try this, too.

That's what I was talkin' about, Traveler, with the pylon. Well done. I still prefer the original skin tones, but that's just my opinion.

Most reactions

Back