TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just couldn't resist when I saw this :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz6XjXu-oT8[/ame]

Just gotta love Kodak! :mrgreen:

I like when he goes: "BOOOOOO-yaaaahhh!" LOL

Some of you might remember when fuji came out with a scanner for walmart. It allowed the customer to take a photo in and run it on the scanner and make a copy. Wow did that set off a firestorm. Soooo

About two weeks later I got a letter from Kodak. The jist of it was fuji bad kodak good. We would never do that. Not till they caught up with the technology.

I have had very little use for kodak gold since.

LOL at "Come on, Kodak, the company that unleashed ADVANTIX onto the world"

Funny stuff, but when he was describing the features that Kodak are coming up with, I just found myself saying "huh?". Now I'm imagining this meeting...

"So, ideas for next year's line?"

"How about we increase the sensor size, reduce noise, and add weather sealing?"

"Never mind that, how about we stick a GPS system in the camera and have software that works out when there's grass in the shot and oversaturates?"

"GPS! Grass software! Genius! Let's do it!"

:roll:

Kodak introduced the first point-n-shoot, the first dry plates (no more making your wet plates in the field), the first mail away processing, the first plastic base sheet film, the first roll film, and the first cameras that could be loaded in daylight. They became the great yellow monster, but we should give them credit for making amateur photography possible.

Okay on kodaks good side of the ledger....They sure as hell know how to market a product.

Kodak is the perfect example of a photo business as a business. To heck with the product how are sales... and they know how to do it to. And when to stop beating a dead mule.

I have two shutters and lens from about the same time frame both amateur market things. One is pure trash but one is as good as their pro lens and shutter in my opinion. So they made what they could sell regardless of the cost or quality. Some companies didn't do that. Some made only fine products and survived, some made only garbage and survived but few made both and survived.

Kodak has no fear of changing horses when the profit isn't there. Big gold proposed to stop making film all together a few years ago. At a stockholders meeting a couple of years ago they got their ears pinned back. So they postponed getting out of film manufacturing. Now the stockholders will see the advantage of jumping ship.

Kodak is a microcosm of the ever changing world of photography. It is what it needs to be but I don't have to like what it needs to be. I just hope they turn over all their film technology to some Chinese company for a cut of the action.

Most reactions

Back