The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The world has gone mad or photo editors have gone mad or at least lost their taste.
In one of the US' premier news magazines, which happens to have some terrific photography, there was a picture of this lady, using selective color - and using it very badly.

My eyes, my eyes.

I have used a piece of it in a collage of my own to which I hold the copyright as it is clearly of a transformative nature and meant as a comment on the original, does not hurt the value and uses only a small part of the original page and thus falls under Fair Use

fortunecookie222.jpg~original

I find selective color to be TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Once. And that once passed a long time ago.

Is this a trick question? One of those 'stare at it long enough' things? 'Cuz I sure don't see no lady.

Is this a trick question? One of those 'stare at it long enough' things? 'Cuz I sure don't see no lady.
I said that once and then my wife gave me two black eyes.:lmao:

I have used a piece of it in a collage of my own to which I hold the copyright as it is clearly of a transformative nature and meant as a comment on the original, does not hurt the value and uses only a small part of the original page and thus falls under Fair Use

:lol:

Selective color - what's left after the vampires suck out all the good stuff.

I've only done Selective Color once, for this Month's Challenge. It's neat but I liked the full color original picture better. :)

Unfortunately for us 'old-sters', the 'young-uns' ideas of what constitutes a good photograph differs from what has been basic photography 'rules' for a long time. Composition, tilted, coloring, you name it, it's all the rage these days. Whether it's younger posters here or anywhere else, even wedding photographers whose portfolios are online, frequently use non-traditional techniques. Call it 'thinking out of the box'. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just remember, "they" will be in charge someday soon!

"They're coming to take me away...ha-ha, hee-hee, ho-ho'

Most reactions

Back