the worship of nature

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a small representation of the worship of nature - there is no mind, no wisdom, no understanding, no basis or foundation. that's what i thought at least, of this photo. if you dont like that, you can just look at it without that. :D

young-oldleaningsmall2.jpg

stats:

dx7630
37mm focal length
1/10 sec
tripod used
f8
no PS work except desaturation and some contrast adjustments

i'm looking for any critique, wether it be on the idea of the image, the composition, the view, whatever. i wish i would have been lower to the ground to get more of the tree and the branches by pointing the camera up. so that's one thing i would change. anything yall can suggest would be much appreciated.

It's an 'almost' - a good idea that hasn't quite hit the mark. You need a reshoot.
Points to think about:
The t-shirt is wrong. I think it is all the folds - and the sleeves across the arms. It doesn't look right.
Worship is to do with harmonising. It's not happening. The pose is 'pushing' or 'resting'. Think more about 'harmonising' and try using the body and tree to echo each other.
The effect of lightening the body tone by dodging is a bit overdone - looks too obvious and contrived.

The key word is 'worship'.
Think about this and all it means - and how you can show it.
Then reshoot. It'll be worth it.

thanks for the critique hertz! very helpful. i actually shot this before i chose the worship of nature idea, so it might not fit right. If i shoot it again, i'll probably stick with the photo concept and lose the worship of nature idea. Do you think i should stay with that? that might just be an opinion thing...

Most reactions

Back