There was a bomb threat at work today!

ShelleySnapz

Photographer for hire!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Yep a few minutes after I got there we all had to evacuate the building and the grounds...we all stood outside for about an hour then a building nearby had opened up to let us go in to sit and eat and drink...its like an arcade...anyway I was supposed to start work at 3:30pm...we didnt get back in the building until about 6:30pm! They had a bomb sniffing dog there and everything!!

Shelley, i use to work in call centers and we had drills all the time for bomb threats... it's terrible that it happens that frequently...

I used to work at Honeywell in a plant that had a few gov't contracts, and a few months after 9/11 we received a pallet that had a "suspiscious" package on it... wires were protruding and hooked up to a 9-volt battery. it wasn't very big, and was tucked into the middle of the pallet buried under other packages. The outside of the package had wierd arabic-looking writing. I was the supervisor of our shipping/receiving dept at the time, so i cleared everybody out of the dock and notified the manager and he called security to check it out. Within two minutes there was like 6 big-wigs there checking it out, they examined it briefly and evacuated the whole building.

Ten minutes later the bomb squad rolled up and interrogated me and my manager. They made us go in, one at a time to retrieve our cellphones because they can set off a bomb... it was scary going in all by myself into an empty building with a potential bomb. The bomb squad guy got into his bomb-suit and cleared the scene about 10 minutes later... it was just someone's sick idea of being funny.

DANG!!!

I hate workiing in my area! I work literally less than a block from the Canadian border in Niagara Falls, so stuff like this isnt taken lightly. When 9-11 happened pretty much all of Buffalo and Nia. Falls shut down, mostly because the Nia. Falls power authority takes care of about 70-80-% of electricity on the eastern seaboard! Being that my center is also high security...we handle some government information...well lets just say that I wasnt surprised but still....too much time on a persons hands will make people do stupid things!

i had that in my primary school lol, we were too young to realise and we got a day of school, it was great :D

ShelleySnapz said:
DANG!!!

I hate workiing in my area! I work literally less than a block from the Canadian border in Niagara Falls, so stuff like this isnt taken lightly. When 9-11 happened pretty much all of Buffalo and Nia. Falls shut down, mostly because the Nia. Falls power authority takes care of about 70-80-% of electricity on the eastern seaboard! Being that my center is also high security...we handle some government information...well lets just say that I wasnt surprised but still....too much time on a persons hands will make people do stupid things!

i remember that, i was going to school at buff state at the time. everything there shut down for like a day or two. i now work for a gov contractor which would probably be a high target area but security is tight and it would be damn hard for someone to get a bomb in.

Most reactions

Back