There's a cool shot somewhere here - I just need ideas

JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, here's a few snaps I grabbed today when leaving my girlfriend's place. Little backstory: The loft she's in was a shoe company, the building was created in 1880. Around 1945 or so, it was abandoned, then left to rot until the early 80s when it was purchased by a 3rd party and hastily converted into 'artists lofts' - some which didn't have bathrooms. So each floor has a seperate complete restroom as it were.
Well, they all have bathrooms now, and are being converted to lofts, so she's moving - there's an arty shot in here somewhere, but I haven't the foggiest idea what to try.
At night the lights from the hallway play across some interesting shadows. One of my ideas is to buy a dozen perfect roses, take a picture of them through the dirty mirror, then use selective coloring. But I'm looking for any other ideas I can get - I want to do something before she moves out in a week. Oi.

223081887_8ad75726c0.jpg

223082094_8095186f23.jpg

The building used to be full of artists, painters, singers, girls from the MN Rollergirls, screenprinters - the printers liked to use the tub to wash their screens
223082049_ba8f17eea1.jpg

At night, the light from the hallway plays some interesting shadows across this toilet:
223081990_e9266433a3.jpg

"Closed for Cleaning" hehe:
223081931_259d7a5631.jpg

maybe get closer to the mirror and sink and get that in the left side of the picture so you can see out the window in the mirror? you could put you subject rose or whatever it might be in the window so you could see it in the window like a silhouette I think i misspelled that but you get the idea...that might look interesting?

Quok1mb0 said:
maybe get closer to the mirror and sink and get that in the left side of the picture so you can see out the window in the mirror? you could put you subject rose or whatever it might be in the window so you could see it in the window like a silhouette I think i misspelled that but you get the idea...that might look interesting?
Ah, indeed, I do like that idea - I actually was thinking of something similar as well - the mirror (And, well, the entire room really) is very dirty - so I like the juxtaposition of the dank dirty room and an untouched pristine rose.

Though really, I would love to take some shots of a nude woman inside the tub - but I sincerely doubt my girlfriend would be ok with that lol.

Take som photos from another perspective, go low down to the ground, sit in the bath something like that. Maybe you'll just find something interesting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back