sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The insects, that is. They're stink bugs, and I detest them. But I was absolutely desperate to do some macro work yesterday, and I was also exhausted, so I just didn't have the energy to hang around outside for more than a few minutes. I looked everywhere for something interesting to shoot--found what at first glance seemed like a kinda cool spider, but on closer inspection turned out to be the underside of a very dead spider.

Then I found this. UGH. I really, really detest stink bugs. The last two years they have been absolutely out of control around here, and they get into your house and come flying at you out of nowhere. I found one once that had crawled up into the sleeve of my jacket!! That's when I declared war on the things--but of course, you can't just step on 'em and kill 'em, because...well, because, THEY STINK when you kill them. It's awful.
I've taken to spraying them with wasp spray when I find them inside.

But this one was outside. And, as I mentioned, I was desperate. So I just shot it. :D

Wow, I really like the second one

Nice shots, Sharon! I'd be happy if I had taken those! :)

Nice Sharon :)
The second shows off his underside very nicely .

Nice Sharon :)
The second shows off his underside very nicely .

Thanks, PixelRabbit! I have to admit, I was kinda surprised by how cool looking they are. Their backs are really pretty cool too; now I'm gonna have to purposely find one of them and get some decent shots of their backs! Cr*p--If only I didn't loathe them so. :D

Can't wait to see what you come up with, and if I can suck it up and do spiders, you can do these little stinkers ;)

These are great shots! Those little buggers drive me nuts; have to keep the baby from eating them!

Excellent!! :thumbup:

Can't wait to see what you come up with, and if I can suck it up and do spiders, you can do these little stinkers ;)

Fair enough. But, if I find them in my house, I'm still gonna spray 'em with wasp poision... :gun:

These are great shots! Those little buggers drive me nuts; have to keep the baby from eating them!

OH, GROSS!!! That's a whole new level of disgusting to add to the mix! :lmao: If I'd ever seen one of my kids trying to eat one of these things, I think I would have been tossing my cookies... :puke:
While stink bugs have always been pretty common around here, I don't remember them EVER being as bad as they've been the last two years or so. I never saw a single one inside the house when my kids were little. Back then, it seemed to be the ladybugs--I once found over 100 ladybugs in the light fixture in the boys' playroom...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back