They have lost their minds at Nikon

Well that's a bit steep...

Eh price will probably come down a lot from that - for some reason Camera manufacturers love to put really high retail prices on their main websites, even though retail prices in the actual market are often far lower than them - about the only time they are accurate is when the item is brand new to the market or when stocks are critically low (normally when at the end of a production run).

That said still $600 is a lot, esp now that they have to compete against the (often far more feature rich) cheap offbrand options on ebay

They also show the Mb-D80 for $197. Just got mine for $144 at best buy.

HOLY WOW. That's insane even for the MSRP

Over $600 for a grip for the D800?
MB-D12 Multi Power Battery Pack from Nikon

...and I thought the MB-D11 was way overpriced.

eek.gif

Wow, that's a lot money for a grip especially you don't gain any higher fps using it.

I'm still confused why Nikon does the whole FPS gain with some of their grips - would seem like a hangover from the film days (canon just gives you the FPS with the camera :)

Wow, that's a lot money for a grip especially you don't gain any higher fps using it.

From what I've read you do. 6fps in DX mode with the grip. I think 5fps without.

I'm still confused why Nikon does the whole FPS gain with some of their grips - would seem like a hangover from the film days (canon just gives you the FPS with the camera :)

Battery power. More batteries with the grip compared to the single battery in the camera... same as film days.

I'm hoping a lot of people are buying them and later decide they don't like it gripped :(

Most reactions

Back