They just keep coming

benpsut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The ideas just keep flowing! This one's a little less strong than my other posts. BTW: I didn't have the patience to remove the watermarks from the free trial of the photomatix plug in. In my others I have removed them, I just got this early in the AM and was too tired, haha.

Ben

HDRroad-1.jpg

I find there is too much road and/or too much sky.
The white also appear blown

Um.... HDR serves no purpose in that type of shot. Proper exposure and ISO settings would yield a much better product in the end. What purpose does shooting that with a higher dynamic range serve? There is very much enough light to be able to properly expose that. Keep trying but I def recommend trying to learn proper techniques as they will help to produce much better pictures.

Um.... HDR serves no purpose in that type of shot. Proper exposure and ISO settings would yield a much better product in the end. What purpose does shooting that with a higher dynamic range serve? There is very much enough light to be able to properly expose that. Keep trying but I def recommend trying to learn proper techniques as they will help to produce much better pictures.

I've got the technique, I just need to know what to HDR and what not to HDR. When I'm not so tired after working OT, I'll process as I would normally.

Ben

The advantage to using HDR is when the highlights and the shadow details are too far apart to hold both ends on the same file. So think extreme lighting conditions, not normal.

for example the basic dslr has a dynamic range someplace between 6-8EV (fstops), strong outdoor lighting may have up to 17EV's

you need to meter the highlights, and then the shadows and determine the fstop range and when it gets beyond 8, think HDR

My Advise would be to step away from the HDR and get the basics down first. Then once you learn how to shoot things with normal correct techniques, You can step up to the more difficult stuff such as HDR. Hdr when done right looks good. However....... there is the other 98.3% of HDR shot.......Most is just well....not good. Learn the basics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back