Things overheard at a bridal show

Wait a second? Why can't we eat their food? I thought it was customary to feed the photographer and other "help"... at least we did at my wedding!

The only rules I work by are:

1) If money is involved, there has to be a signed contract.

2) Don't be afraid to turn business down.

3) Always be early.

4) Don't flirt with the women (but that has more to do with my wife than professionalism).

Normally I don't eat their food or drink their booze, but it's not a rule for me, I'm just busy working.

Interesting you guys say not to eat. We specifically got meals for all our vendors. Well DJ's, Photog's, and Videographer at least.

I had I guess what you would call a fancy wedding, country club and all. I had the best time, dancing, drinking, eating, etc. People tell me it's not worth it, but I think it was. To each their own I suppose.

I know that at least 4 out of the 27 weddings I did in 2006 are getting a divorce already. In 2004 I had a couple separate before they even picked up the proofs (within 2 weeks). That's why I get paid in advance.

Wow. That's really depressing to me. It makes me wonder if I continue to shoot weddings and spout off all of the "happiest day of your life" slogans if I'm ever going to want to get married myself!
But, I guess I could try to just look at it from a business standpoint. At least you can now get more wedding photography jobs from people who have already had one! Crazy.

Heh, if they used you once, maybe they will use you again for their next wedding!!

Hehe.

Eleven years of marriage here. We were married in our front yard, 2 blocks
from the high school during football season. When we kissed, the crowd went
wild, which made for a very memorable, very amusing first kiss.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back