Things to do in winter

gordon77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Helo all im relativley new to this whole photography hobby of mine and im a bit stuck for things to do. i live in New Zealand and its the middle of winter here, the weather is sooo so so crap you wouldnt believe lol it rains every day :thumbdown:. when i brought my 400d the (very informative) dude told me that digital slrs and water dont mix very well so im hesitant to take it outside for any period of time.

i thought id post on here to find out what other ppl do with thier cameras when its a crap day, i guess i need a bit of direction. i would love to be able to take cool pics of still life but i dont really have much creativity in me, i know what looks good but wouldnt have a clue as to how to make it that way lol. i made a lightbox the other day and its fun (i have some okay shots from it) but i feel like im just shooting 'willy nilly' and cant seem to find a good long project to keep myself occupied. and on the project subject - how do you go about doing one? i could pick a subject (would have to be inside) but how do you shoot a topic without repeating photos???

sorry if this is a little noob'ish but im just at a loss as to what to do - i have a real love for photography but dont knw what to do about it when i cant take my camera outside for the next few weeks (at least haha)

:(

That is what makes my two hobbies so compatable. Good days = Photography. Bad days = Woodworking in my shop. :)

I like to save the processing, printing, uploading, etc for the bad weather days. Shoot a lot on the good days to get you through the bads ones. Enjoy!

Good plan on the girl.... Better still find an attractive female painter with some talent.... convince her to help you with your still life photography.... and on sunday morning bring bad coffee and good donuts to her bed and let her critique your images. You will get a better critique and over coffee and donuts, who could ask for more. Only learn to apprecaite it. cause she will leave you for a sculptor damnit. Oh sorry too personal there

If you go to a bar where college age kids hang out and start a conversation with anyone about photography and still life you should be able to talk someone into something. I am assuming that you aren't my age here.

Oh yeah you need to bring along your camera with the long lens for effect. You might even want to shoot a beer mug ashtray and some popcorn. That always breaks the ice.

If you go to a bar where college age kids hang out and start a conversation with anyone about photography and still life you should be able to talk someone into something. I am assuming that you aren't my age here.

Oh yeah you need to bring along your camera with the long lens for effect.

Or there is a good chance you will find a college kid like me doing something entertaining under the influence! :lol:

Good plan on the girl.... Better still find an attractive female painter with some talent.... convince her to help you with your still life photography.... and on sunday morning bring bad coffee and good donuts to her bed and let her critique your images. You will get a better critique and over coffee and donuts, who could ask for more. Only learn to apprecaite it. cause she will leave you for a sculptor damnit. Oh sorry too personal there

LOL Sorry Scribe, it was the arms I'm sure. ;)

Most reactions

Back