Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This thread is the next step in getting to know your fellow TPFer.

All you have to do is list a few things that no one would know about you.
They can be funny or weird or just something you've never talked about here.

I'll start:

I have seen every episode of the Saturday morning kids show, "Flight 29 Dwn"

In high school I was very involved in Art, though due to work, was never able to join "The Guild", which was the art club. I was the only non-Guild member to get the "Artist of the Month" honor.

In my life I've had 6 different surgries for 3 different things, if you don't count oral surgery.

Wow. Uhh... I had a heart attack at age 37. I wear a "second hat" as music director at a local church. I'm a dad to 4 grown kids and still married after 30 years. Not much more worth mentioning.

Christie Photo said:
Wow. Uhh... I had a heart attack at age 37. I wear a "second hat" as music director at a local church. I'm a dad to 4 grown kids and still married after 30 years. Not much more worth mentioning.

Not worth mentioning??? I sure think it is.

I was a member of the Meccano Guild when I was a boy.

I adore Champagne but hate caviar.

I have owned two cats - an all black cat called Rubezahl, and an all white cat called Bertrand Russell.

I was once a girl scout and have a photo that proves it. No they didn't give out merit badges in whipping :whip:

I don't watch any regular tv - only movies. The last show that I watched more than once or twice was Cheers if that tells you anything. :lol:

I'd wear nothing but jeans, t-shirts and boots (and a flannel in the winter) if given the choice. I'm really not much for dressing up but I do it occassionally as required. :queen:

Crikey, where do I start...

When I was 7 I starred as Laurie Lee in a production of Cider with Rosie on his seventieth birthday. He congratulated me, but nobody had thought to tell me who he was, so I gave him my baked potato (probably the real star of the show) because he looked sad. (Apparantly he was quite moved by the performance).

I got attacked in Birmingham by a street person on crystal meth and ended up with seven cuts down to the bone on my right arm. I lost two pints of blood and was stitched shut with no anaesthetic due to the blood loss. I learnt rather a lot about pain tolerance that day.

I've had dinner at the same table as Graham Norton in the OXO tower due to both of us knowing the Maitre D and blagging a last minute spot. He was very friendly and ferociously shy.

I have worked in bars for the last ten years as barman, manager, doorman, handyman etc.

I've councilled two people from suicidal depression back to healthy and working. (and haven't buried any mistakes... so far)

I've worked for some really big companies in very well paid jobs... and they sucked.

I have failed to get more than a couple of weeks into the following courses: Maths BSc, Computing BSc, Russian, Linux

I'm really bad with my own money and excellent with other people's.

I've been stopped by Police over fifty times and only have a meagre six speeding fines to show for it. Three of those involved them hiding in a bush like cowards. I've outrun a police car in France.... actually that sounds awful, scratch that - I didn't take any significant risks doing it.

I hate classical music.

Erm.... oh yeah.. the family name ends here. ;)

That's probably enough from me!

Rob

I moved a lot when I was a little kid.

Ended up in The Frozen Tundra of Minnesota around 5th grade.

I hate the snow.

I am an American Football junkie.

I have a degree in Professional Photography.

I quit smoking 6 years ago, now I am addicted to caffeine.

My new years resolution was to take better care of my teeth.

I am married, no kids.

We have moved around quite a bit for my wife's schooling, now we are in Illinois.

Less snow here, which is good.

I have a basset hound, his name is Walter.

I am a video game nut, if you have XBox live and play Battlefield 2 or Halo 2 give out your gamertag. I am on most nights.

I bought my frist camera, an Elan II, when I was 20.

I have a short attention span and even less motivation.

I am a recluse by nature.

I would rather be watching from the back of a room, than being the center of its attention.

I have worked as: Professional musician, forest fire fighter, church youth group leader, remote operations controller for gas wells, a pharmacy technician, and an optometrists assistant.

I've been in college/university/gradschool/professional school since 1994. I have a Bachelor's of Science in Biology and Bachelor's of Arts in Music Composition, a non thesis Master's in Neuroscience and Pain Management. I have one year medical school, one year of chiropractic school and two more years before you can call me doctor. Some say I am pathologically educated. I say I just have about $100,000 in student loan debt right now.

I am technically right handed, but I do most fine motor skill things with my left, except writing.

I grew up on a 600 acre alfalfa farm in northern New Mexico. When I was 17 I could bench press twice my body weight. I guess tossing 200lb hay bales every summer for 10 years will do that to you.

I scored a perfect score on the ASVAB, a 35 on the ACT, a 34 on the MCAT and my wife still thinks I'm really dumb sometimes. And usually I just end up sounding like a know-it-all. I regularly have to suffer through "celebrations" at my house when I don't know the answer to a question.

Most people think I'm stuck up or rude when they first meet me. I'm actually just very shy. Those that stick around to get to know me usually wonder why they ever thought that about me.

I wear a size 13 shoe. And that's all I'm going to say about that. LOL.

I was in the chess club AND the outdoors/sports club(ie. shooting, camping, tracking, etc..) at the same time... and I was the best in both.

When I was 12 years old I taught the 14 -15 yr/old class in church and was one of the leaders there for the childrens ministry.

I can beat almost anyone at armwrestling(long arms) :mrgreen:

I was taught archery by the best archer in Texas.(he even competed/won bronze in the olympics) Although I never pursued it, I'm still very good.

I collect knives and always have one on me at all times. :)

Last but not least... I've always wanted to be a Marine Sniper, and if I ever get drafted or have to go into the service for some reason.... that's what I'll be! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back