Things you don't know about me...

Luminosity said:
Ok I'll go...( some of you may know a couple of these things but anyhoo )

My mum fell pregnant with me when she was 15. My dad was a bit of a naughty dude in those days and broke the law and was thrown in jail in New South Wales for serve a 3 year sentence, not long after my mum fell pregnant. So he was in jail when I was born ( my mum still has the telegram that was sent to him informing him of the birth of his daughter ). I was 2 when I first met him. He was to go back into jail again when I was 9 and every Sunday, we would travel interstate by train to visit him.
I didnt like Sundays back then.

I changed schools almost every year up until year 10, where I stayed put at the same school until I finished schooling.

I grew up around a lot of hardened criminals and at one stage we had 5 or 6 other people living in our house. Our house was a sort of drop-in-centre. Not long after my 5th birthday, police raided our house and took all my toys ( some birthday presents ). When my mum tried to stop the female copper from walking out the door with my toys, the cop snarkily said " They could be stolen property too, get the little b1tch out of my way" ( little b1tch was in reference to me ). Mind you I was a quiet kid and was only standing there watching sadly, not throwing a tantrum or anything to warrent the comment.

Despite the climate, my mum and nana sheltered me from it as much as possible and did everything they could to keep the innocence in my childhood.

I ran away from home when I was 12, had an eating disorder by the time I was 13 and tried to kill myself at 15 by overdosing. All cries for help and peace. I sat in the hospital bed and realized I wanted to live and wanted to live the best life possible.

Started taekwondo when I was 11 and got my black belt at 15. My instructor was priming me for the Olympics and to become an instructor at his club. Though, due to injuries and the troubles I was having in my private life around then, I stopped training.

My thumbs can bend right back.

I once worked at an exclusive 'gentleman's club' for high profile businessmen ( exotic dancers, fantasy rooms you get my drift ) when I was 19- 22. During one shift, the owners approached me with an older gentleman in an expensive suit who asked me if I would like to pose for Australian Penthouse and earn a lot of money doing it. I declined, he handed me a business card anyway and asked me to think about it. I never called because I don't care to have family or family friends seeing me posing with my legs askew, spank ya very much.

A taxi driver asked me to meet his friend, a "very nice man who wants Australian residency". Said all I would have to do is marry the guy in a civil service, live with him for a year or so until the residency came through, fake to immigration that I was genuinely in love with my 'husband' etc etc. Then after it came through, I could divorce him and go on my merry way. He said I would receive $ 10,000 for it. Ahhh no thanks.

Was engaged from 22 to 28. Fell pregnant twice during it but no babies resulted because I terminated the first pregnancy ( when I was 22 ) and miscarried the second ( at 24 ).

Has a developed 6th sense. Dreams that have predicted events ahead of time and just a 'knowing' of things that are about to happen. It's hard to explain and I don't have any control over it, its a slippery sense so to speak. If I dream of my nana or aunt, it's always a message/premonition.

At one stage my dad was outnumbered by females. When he and my mum were together, the household consisted of my mum, me and my two sisters and a female cat and dog. When my parents split, he started a relationship with my stepmum, who had four daughters from a previous marriage. They went on to have a child of their own, again another girl. Dad quit hoping for a son, so he threw in the towel on any more kids. My stepmum fell pregnant again, much to his dismay.
Nine months later, he got his son.

My uncle was the president of the Australian chapter of the Rebels ( bikie gang ) for a number of years. One of their 'Noms' ( nominees ) was the president of the Melbourne chapter of the Klu Klux Klan ( a shame, because I got along with him very well up until I found that out ). I used to spend a lot of weekends at their clubhouse and they looked after me well.

A lot of family members and family friends have been killed by motorbike accidents. My uncle ( the Rebels president ) lost his leg when he came off his bike whilst riding in The Northern Territory. I don't get on bikes these days.

:hugs:

photo gal said:
oh yeah....you could've referred to him as my personal lollipop....not to mention the biting and scratching!:blushing:

I'm just still in awe ...

Tom Selleck ...

:hail:

wow.

ok.. i'll go

grew up on airforce bases, and was babysat by the thunderbirds while my parents went out for an anniversary dinner...
have 3 brothers..but one was killed when i was 18
married at 18 yrs old..still married...
have a huge affinity to animals... pick them up from the side of the road if they are injured...have raised raccons, possums, bats, alligators..skunks, foxes, rabbits, cows, goats, dogs, fish, birds...deer..beaver...just kinda love animals...

totally enthralled with people who have natural talent...in photography or in music... anyone who can play an instrument is already 10 steps above anyone else... i am so impressed...

adore music... everything is good, except rap..( thats not real music...sorry) led zep freak..love metallica..creed... old 80's big hair stuff..and my new one is a group called HIM that is goth metal... really cool.

was told i would never have children.. physically impossible.. firm believer in prayer... and after 6 yrs i had a son...

** your gonna love this...** God lets me know things about myself so i am prepared for things...i knew i would get pregnant.. i knew it was a son.. i knew before my father died... i also get "feelings" on if something is gonna come out ok or not... if its too close of family or friends, i cant get a read on it, its more what i want than what i feel..but in passing relationships...or patients in my office, i know if they will discover cancer or not... and have been right so far 98% of the time..( nurses keep a running tab on my predictions...) i dont tell the patients.. i just keep it between me and the nurses...

even though i come off scary ... i am very tenderhearted, and would give you the shirt off nicole's back if you needed it....

and i am lucky enough to have about 4 people who i consider close friends... one is far away...but still keeps in touch very regular.

and i have a soul-twin who is also my cousin..everyone should have someone this close...

i do wear black every day...even now when i am not supposed to..i just throw khaki over it... sucks to be me...but i gotta have it...

and i have an addiction for this dang web sight...never had one before, but i do now...

WOW! My life is super boring compared to everyone else’s. Here goes:

-Live in Ohio born and raised
-Canada is the farthest I have traveled
-I am married with a 1 yr. old girl, and a baby boy on the way
-I went to a vocational school- graduated with a certificate in Marketing Management.
-I am taking an online course for Photography through the New York Institute of Photography
-Want to have my own studio
-I am stay at home mom right now
-My first broken bone was when I was 18 (my foot, broke it in 3 places) never went to the doctor until about a year ago. Still might have to have surgery on it.
-Had my daughter emergency c-section (her cord was wrapping around her neck)
-Had a miscarriage
-Have a dog name Magi (she is a lab/bird dog mix) we rescued her
-We live on 7 1/2 acres out in the country
-I have a Jeep Cherokee
-My mom left my dad before I was born (I still don't know him) Married someone else when I was 3 and divorced him when I was 13.
-I moved out when I was 17; have to support myself since I was 14
-Married my high school sweetheart
-I use to smoke
-I love scrapbooking, I actually have my own business (in home, direct sales) Creative Memories.
-Lost a dear friend of ours I was 17 she was 15 she died in my arms. Lost another friend in high school, he affxiated in his sleep 20 yrs. old.
-Love music, movies, dancing, reading novels; fiction and noo-fiction
-Always wanted to be an actress; gave up my dream to get married
-when I was 3 I was scratched in both eyes by our cat. Almost blind in my right eye

That is all I can think of, I really am boring

aprilraven said:
ok.. i'll go

** your gonna love this...** God lets me know things

even though i come off scary ... i am very tenderhearted, and would give you the shirt off nicole's back if you needed it....

and i have a soul-twin who is also my cousin..everyone should have someone this close...

and i have an addiction for this dang web sight...never had one before, but i do now...

backatcha, baybay ... me 'n you, Pallie ... 'ritas, rum & the river ...

Wish you'd gimme a read on ... never mind ... :taped sh:

thanks for sharing MY shirt ... :er:

With ya on the website addiction ... :p

JonMikal said:
i hate public speaking

:)

you hate attention??? are you sure???? :hail: :lmao: :hail: :lmao:

just joshin' ya......

funny, public speaking is so easy to me...but one on one kills me...unless we are close, then i can go for hours...

( where is hertz when you need a good comeback..??)

I used to be terrible at public speaking in school. I was TERRIFIED of having to go in front of the class. Then around sophomore or junior year, a whole semester of an English class was speach, and it was required. We had to give several speaches of different types. The last one we had to do was a biographical speach...we had to pick a famous person living or dead, and tell the story of their life as if you were them. The speach had to be at least 7 minutes long, I think (can't rememeber for sure) and no note cards. I was the only one in the class who gender-bended, I did Alan Alda (did you know he had polio as a child?)...did great on it, and have been more outgoing and comfortable in front of people ever since that class.

The public speaking thing is a toughie for a lot of people. My nan used to be in a group called Toastmasters, and it was there that she tackled her public speaking phobia. Pretty sure Toastmasters is international...I think it's a good group to join.

NERD HERD ADMISSION: I won several awards for public speaking in years past ... even competed on a state level.

Oddly, I am very uncomfortable in crowds. I can charm a room in a heartbeat ... but I'd rather be a wall flower and observe.

I think I’ll try this…

I’m the youngest of three children, I have one sister and one brother.
My parents were “Norman Rockwell” parents, something I didn’t realize until I was in my twenties. I thank them everyday for being the best parents. They were happily married until my Dad died two years ago.:(
I was born on my parent’s seventh wedding anniversary. I ruined their dinner plans, but they didn’t really mind.
I was in the hospital on my first birthday, and I almost died of viral meningitis. I had to re-learn how to sit up, walk and talk and it left me with a significant hearing loss in my right ear.:er:
I had 18 stitches in my right knee from falling on a sprinkler head when I was five. It made sitting on the carpet during story time at school impossible.:grumpy:
I have a faint scar in my right eyebrow…the neighbor kid decided it was a good idea to hit me with a metal toy gun.:meh:
I’ve played softball since I was seven, fast pitch until high school and now co-ed slow pitch.
I was also a cheerleader, but I didn’t like the suck up girls.:roll:
I’ve had six jobs since I started working at sixteen.
I’ve owned four cars, two of which I totaled (age nineteen was not a good driving year for me :er: ).
I met Photogoddess when I was 13, we were born a day apart and she is my best friend.:hugs:
I’ve been fortunate enough to meet a few celebrities…which was, just a case of “the right place at the right time”. But, its still pretty cool!:thumbsup:
I’ve ridden dirt bikes since I was six and is the cause of my current knee injury.
I finally fulfilled my dream of going to New York…Thanks to the TPF :clap: and the “just do it, if that’s what you want” attitude I learned after my Dad died.
I’ve also been to Hawaii, Washington State, Arizona, Nevada, Canada, Baja California, Kansas, Nebraska, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama (I really don’t remember the last five though, too young).
Lastly, this is the first forum that I’ve ever been on and it’s so addicting!:biggrin:

Boring…I know, but it’s me.:)

Here goes:

-I am allergic to all shellfish...and yet I live in New England :grumpy:
-I was in the debate club in high school
-When I was a sophmore in high school I was given the chance to enroll in college and the state would pay for 2 years.....I turned it down because I wanted to hang out with my friends....BAD MOVE!
-I have lived in MA, VT, MN and NH
-I have one brother who is eight years older than me, and my oldest son is named after him
-Evelyn is named after her great grandmother who died due to complications from having children
-I have been part of a parenting forum for 7 years but I have more posts on TPF :lol:
-I work for a company in MN but am able to telecommute from my home in NH. The commute is great :mrgreen:
-I was (and still am at times) terrified to raise a daughter. Boys seem so much easier somehow!

I have a half sister that is young enough to be my daughter.
I started working full time when I was 14.
I still dont know what I want to be when "I grow up"
I moved to the US when I was 17, with $40 in my pocket.
Like Anicole, I also have a pen fetish :lol:
My favorite smell is salty ocean air
I get really depressed if I dont take pictures for more than a week
I can trace my geneology right back to the first guy who discovered New Zealand (not Captain Cook)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back