Think I've got it

jriepe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Several days ago I had started a thread stating that it seems when I shoot macro with my D80 as opposed to my D7000 my settings need to be different to achieve the same exposure and was asking if the sensor on the D7000 was more sensitive. In asking the question I was thinking that ISO's should be standard, for example ISO400 on the D80 should be the same as ISO400 on the D7000 as far as exposure. And based from the replies my thinking was correct. So in that case the only other factor I can think of that would make the need to use different settings on the D80 as opposed to the D7000 a reality would be the built in flash unit. For macro I use two SB600's on a macro flash bracket triggered by the camera's built in flash in commander mode. So I'm thinking the signal the flash gets to fire at a certain intensity from the two different cameras are not equal. In other words my thinking is 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 etc. power signal sent from the D80 doesn't equal the same 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 power signal from the D7000. If this is incorrect then why am I having to up the settings on the D80 to get the same exposure as the D7000? Any thoughts?

Jerry

Most reactions

Back