Thinking about getting a Nikon N80 on Ebay

BradUF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was looking at getting a brand new FM10 but after hearing its not even made by Nikon I got kinda turned off. I found a N80 on ebay used with box, guy says it was only used twice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-N80-Body-...yZ107924QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This would be my first real Camera..

Everyone is trying to get me to go digital but all the digital Cameras of the same quality is 500+

So should I get this Camera or reconsider digital? If I do get this Camera how high should I bid?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Go for it, if it goes over $100 look on craigslist.

body only, you can find 28-80 kits for like 125-150, but if you already have some Nikkors, I wouldn't bother.

I bought my N80 off craigslist for $125 body only (my 24-120VR is good enough for my film usage)

I put a bid down up to 100. What lens should I get, new or used?

Looks good. Thanks.. I hope I win the cam now.. 4 hours left.

I agree even though it ws no the cheapest thing in th world when it was new I would not let it go much over $100. The N80 was an excellent camera whaen it was new and one of the first auto-focus cameras that brought back a screw in cable-release wich was nice because at the time the electronic ones were going for $30-$60+.

I really don't know much about Camera's. What does the screw in cable release do?

A cable release is meant to let you shoot a picture without touching the camera. This helps when you want to shoot on a tripod in very low light and need your camera to be very still.

156120.jpg

Not my picture.....

Ah I see. Thanks..

Got the body now I am thinking if I should get a new one at CC for 119.00 or look for a used one. Any problems with getting a used Lens?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back