thinking about looking for a used laptop...

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...ok...so I don't have a HUGE need for a laptop, but I do have a little bit of a need for one.

It wouldn't have to be ANYTHING SPECIAL AT ALL! Just something very basic that I could browse the internet on, and maybe store some pictures occasionally (probably not even that). Just something super basic.

I don't even need anything NEW.

So...how cheap do ya think I could find something?

core_17 said:
...ok...so I don't have a HUGE need for a laptop, but I do have a little bit of a need for one.

It wouldn't have to be ANYTHING SPECIAL AT ALL! Just something very basic that I could browse the internet on, and maybe store some pictures occasionally (probably not even that). Just something super basic.

I don't even need anything NEW.

So...how cheap do ya think I could find something?

Just depends. We found my mothernlaw one for $300 after rebates at Office Max. Look in the circulars on Sunday..they always have deals showing rebates.

Well I doubt I can afford something new this year, even if it is $300 after rebates (maybe if it ws $300 w/out rebates). I can't afford to plunk down $600 or $700 on a laptop that I barely need. I'm wondering what I could find a USED one for, generally?

just had a quick look on ebay and you can get pentium 3 laptops for under $300 it would seem. Might be worth checking out

JohnMF said:
just had a quick look on ebay and you can get pentium 3 laptops for under $300 it would seem. Might be worth checking out

Yeah...I was lookin at those a little bit ago. I am wary of spending more than $100 on anything on Ebay...but...I may go that route.

I just read an article, I can't remember where, over 50 thing I guess, that said to shy away from used laptops. Said there can be to many things wrong with them and you may never know it until you have to use that function.

Circuit City was selling them new here with instant rebates for $300 about a month ago.

Lots of people get burned on ebay with laptops. Some companies sell refurbed stuff at a reasonable price that still carries a warranty and school districts get rid of them every now and then. Of course I'm sure the students take great care of them since they don't belong to them.

Anyway good luck.

some times word of mouth is the way to go. tell your friends you're on the look out for a cheap laptop. There is usually somebody who knows somebody who is selling something. You will be able to trust them more that way too

thanks for the info. A new laptop for $300 after INSTANT rebates, I could do! But not sure I can afford to do the mail in rebates.

I've looked around the net a bit but can't find anything even close to the $300 prices mentioned above. Anyone have any links for me to check out? My baby graduates this month and I want to get her a laptop to take to college. $500 is about the limit I could go right now.

DestinDave said:
I've looked around the net a bit but can't find anything even close to the $300 prices mentioned above. Anyone have any links for me to check out? My baby graduates this month and I want to get her a laptop to take to college. $500 is about the limit I could go right now.

try dell dave. brand new you could scrape a basic notebook model for $500. some have $150 cash back or $150 mail-in-rebate too (whatever that is) so that would make it even cheaper

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_basnb?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Most reactions

New Topics

Back