Thinking about renting a lens....... wide angle?

Elizabeth30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking about trying out some different lenses and I want to start with a wide angle. What are your suggestions on lenses to try? Do you have a favorite? I'm thinking about the 16-35mm II, anyone have this one? Anyone have example photos you've taken with this lens? Let me know your thoughts!

16 is not that wide on a crop sensor camera.

Rebel T2i. So what would be wide for a crop sensor then? Do you have a recommendation?

The Tokina 11-16 is one of the most highly regarded UWA lenses for crop bodies... and for good reason.

Tokina is good. I have lots of friends that use these for landscape photography and it goes to a f2.8 aperture. Sigma makes 2 different versions of their 10-20mm. They make a f4-5.6 and a f3.5. You can get the 4-5.6 for about $500. The f3.5 is about $650. Great quality lenses. Very sharp. Plus I just like the feel of sigma. Very friendly to portraits and people pics too.

here are a couple shots I did with the 10-20 f3.5

club isis by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

club isis by DiskoJoe, on Flickr
This one was handheld.....

andrew broadfoot by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

So I've been checking out the Tokina 11-16mm and love what everyone has posted about it. I'm half tempted to just buy it..........:drool:

Love my Tokina 11-16.... but the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5, and also the Sigma 8-16mm are both great lenses as well. Lots of competition in this category, and no actual perfect solution, each lens is strong in different respects.

I have been happy with the tokina 11-16

So I've been checking out the Tokina 11-16mm and love what everyone has posted about it. I'm half tempted to just buy it..........:drool:

If you really want WA, you should do it.

Most reactions

Back